Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Miembro

Hi All, I bought a used Galaxy Nexus about three weeks ago. The phone has been on Android 4.0.3 and it did not upgrade to 4.0.4. Now I hear folks are slowly getting the Jelly Bean update which means I am two versions behind. I have tried the "Stop Google Services Framework and clear cache" trick many many times but it did not work.  Verizon customer service tells me Google does the updates slowly and I should get it soon (where in fact 4.0.4 has been out there for a long time now). Does anyone know why my phone would not update? Would it have to do with it being a used phone? Toda ayuda es bienvenida.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Líder Sénior

my recommendation is to either return the device, or use the 4.0.4 factory image from Google AOSP pages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Sr. Member

Goola wrote:

Hi All, I bought a used Galaxy Nexus about three weeks ago. The phone has been on Android 4.0.3 and it did not upgrade to 4.0.4. Now I hear folks are slowly getting the Jelly Bean update which means I am two versions behind. I have tried the "Stop Google Services Framework and clear cache" trick many many times but it did not work.  Verizon customer service tells me Google does the updates slowly and I should get it soon (where in fact 4.0.4 has been out there for a long time now). Does anyone know why my phone would not update? Would it have to do with it being a used phone? Toda ayuda es bienvenida.

Can you manually check for updates? If so, do you receive an error message?

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Miembro

Yes, I have been manually checking for updates. Every time it updates the "Last Checked" timestamp and says my system us currently up to date. No errors.

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Sr. Member

Goola wrote:

Yes, I have been manually checking for updates. Every time it updates the "Last Checked" timestamp and says my system us currently up to date. No errors.

  They will roll the updates out in waves, I would give it a week or so, and if nothing by the end of next week or so, then I would take the phone to a Verizon store to have them look at it.

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Novice

Try rebooting your phone right after the update fails as described here https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/873795#873795

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Sr. Member

cynindesign wrote:

Try rebooting your phone right after the update fails as described here https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/873795#873795

  As the poster described, it does not fail, it just says it is up to date.

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Novice

If it didn't update, the update failed/didn't happen doesn't mean there's an error, it just didn't freaking happen. I put the link there so I didn't cross post

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Miembro

To get the update, make sure you have wifi turned on. Go to settings>apps>all and clear data on google framework and then force stop it. Then go back to check for update. It will have a date from 1969. If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. It may take a few tries. By "few" it could be as little as two or as many as 20. It took me several tries, but I'm now on JB and love it!

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Miembro

Same here.  Phone says it is up to date but still on ics.  Have wifi connected.  Press release said will be rolled out in phases but no further explanation.

0 Likes

Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates

Miembro

I just updated a third GNEX. Keep using the force stop method and it will eventually update.

0 Likes