Serious battery issues - battery discharges faster than it charges
TimSnyder

So I'm on my 2nd CPO in a month for a different issue. Ever since I got this phone it seems like the phone charges SO slowly. I know lots of people are having battery life issues as I am. Im lucky to get 5 hours out of a charge. But if I do not completely leave the phone alone while it is charging, it won't charge. At all.

For example I plugged my phone in around 3pm with around 15% battery left over. It has been plugged in since then. I've listened to some Pandora, done some texting, a little internet surfing, and a little Angry Birds. I've checked a couple times.... 10%, 5%. And just now the phone died and shut itself off. While plugged in. Does this seem right?

The only way it will charge is by being left alone for 8 hours and plugged in.

My frustration is mounting quickly.....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Serious battery issues - battery discharges faster than it charges
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi TimSnyder,

I apologize for the delayed reply and truly understand your concern about the battery life.  In most cases the replacement device you received has the updated Froyo software version.  The Froyo update uses more resources (i.e. processor, memory) which did improve the functionality of the Fascinate but inconveniently in return uses more battery life.

At this time Samsung has not communicated a software update or resolution to the battery life issue.  There was another software update, sadly not pertaining to this issue that that released on June 08,2011: Software Update.  Please advise if you require additional assistance as we await a resolution from Samsung.

Thank you for your patience,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi TimSnyder,

I apologize for the delayed reply and truly understand your concern about the battery life.  In most cases the replacement device you received has the updated Froyo software version.  The Froyo update uses more resources (i.e. processor, memory) which did improve the functionality of the Fascinate but inconveniently in return uses more battery life.

At this time Samsung has not communicated a software update or resolution to the battery life issue.  There was another software update, sadly not pertaining to this issue that that released on June 08,2011: Software Update.  Please advise if you require additional assistance as we await a resolution from Samsung.

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes
Halfcent

I am also having this problem.  I have never heard of a device that discharges when plugged in.  That just makes no sense.  As described above, if I continue to use the phone while its plugged in, the phone behaves as if its not plugged in at all.  If runs off the battery while plugged in.  What sense does that make?  Additionally, charge times are in excess of 8 hours for a full charge.  That's just crazy.

0 Likes