Samsung Fascinate
jh123

I recently downloaded the new software upgrade from Verizon Wireless.  My battery now drains in just a few hours - it used to last all day and then some.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate
hitechgreg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Fascinate as well, i would suggest figuring out what is running in the background.  Live wallpapers are a huge battery drainer.  I once downloaded 'Where" from the market and after a few days of my battery draining in a few hours i figured out that it was Where that was eating up the power.  Try uninstalling a few programs.  The battery life has been effected by the update it seems, but your phone should last the better part of the day.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, in helping Jh123, many things can drain the battery fast.Below, I have provided ways to better your battery life and steps for closing the applications that you are not currentlyusing with instructions to adjust some features that can use less battery power. I hope these suggestions can help.

Instructions to stop running applications your not using:

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Applications.

4. Select Running services.

5. Select a service.

6. Select Stop.

Instructions to turn Bluetooth on/off when your using this option:

1. From the home screen, select and hold the status bar (located at the top).

2. Drag the window shade down.

3. Select Bluetooth.
    Note Enabled when a green indicator is present.

Instructions to change display settings to limit use of some features:

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Sound & display.

4. Select a option. (Orientation, Animation, Brightness, Screen timeoutt, Unlock settings, or Power saving mode)

-----Listed below are steps for some of the optionns above-----

Animation

1. Select Animation.

2. Select one of the following settings:
    • No animations
    • Some animations
    • All animations

Brightness

1. Select Brightness.

2. Adjust the Brightness as necessary then touch OK.
    Note To manually adjust BrightnessAutomatic brightness adjustment must be disabled (unchecked).

Screen timeout

1. Select Screen timeout.

2. Select one of the following settings:
    • 15 seconds
    • 30 seconds
    • 1 minute
    • 2 minutes
    • 10 minutes
    • 30 minutes

Power saving mode

• Select Power saving mode to enable / disable.
    Note Enabled when a green check mark is present.

Tips for better battery life

• Follow the manufacturer's instructions for properly charging the device.
  • Do not store the device in direct sunlight or hot locations.
  • Do not rely on the device's vehicle power adapter as the battery charger for the device. The vehicle power adapter is meant to be a temporary low battery level solution until the device can be properly charged.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I definitely understand your concerns regarding the battery draining more rapidly since the 2.2 Froyo update.

This issue has been reported to Samsung & as of 5/24/2011 Battery performance issues are under investigation by Samsung product management team.

Please be advised, you can also check the phone settings to see what is draining the battery by going to 

Main Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery Use

You can also stop Running Services on the Fascinate by going to 

Main Menu>Settings>Applications>Running Services 

Once you tap on the running applications, it will stop them from running. Keep in mind the applications that are essential for the Fascinate to operate will not be able to be "stopped"

These steps will help preserve the battery life a little more until we hear back from Samsung.

0 Likes