Samsung Fascinate did not receive call
timeless46

My phone was laying right beside me and the phone did not ring. My son called on our landlines he had just called me on the cell.  This is about the third time this happen. I took it to verizon store was told nothing was wrong. Came home and it happen again this time from a friend, no call. I like the phone can not go along without getting my calla  Please help

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate did not receive call
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

This has been an issue since Froyo released.  The latest ED04 update was supposed to correct it but don't think it has.  I have had more since I starting using it than I have in a while. 

I called CS today and talked to tech support about it.  While on one of the many holds I was abrubtly cut off and of course never got a call back.  Way to go tech guys you know how to make a customer feel good.

For you guys on stock Froyo that have updated to ED04 watch your 3g icon.  The colored arrows will turn grey and turn into a capital "D".  This is where the problem lies.  The modem/radio appears to go into some dormant state and results in missed calls.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand the importance of receiving your incoming calls. As mentioned previously, there was an update for the Samsung Fascinate.  I would like to ask you to please check for the update on your device, as this may resolve your concerns. I have provided the steps about this below. 

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select About Phone (have to scroll down)

Select Check for Updates

I hope this information is helpful for you.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Don't Bother with this update

I have a brand new phone with ed04 factory installed and it is still missing calls

straight from box with out installing any aps it misses calls

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Don't Bother with this update

I have a brand new phone with ed04 factory installed and it is still missing calls

straight from box with out installing any aps it misses calls

This is becoming a problem that Verizon needs to address immediately.  There are more people getting the update or even replacement phones and still having issues.

It's time to come forward and tell folks there is a problem and factory resets, *228 and refurbished phones  will not fix this.

0 Likes
TimSnyder

I finally got a customer service rep to see this. My newest refurb was still having problems today. Took it in. They started blaming the network, saying according to VZW my phone was roaming even though I was in an area saturated heavily with coverage. So they "fixed" it on the network side.

Once again, not fixed. Went to another store this evening and got a woman who helped with my last refurb to see the issue. I have a Droid X on the way with a free extended battery and cover since the one they are sending will obviously not come with either.

So, bye bye beautiful Fascinate screen projecting an obviously flawed OS. Hello Droid X and Gingerbread! I hope that my issues are solved. I realize no phone is without issues... but as long as I get my texts and calls I will be satisfied.

Good luck to everyone on finding a solution, whether it is with a Fascinate or elsewhere....

0 Likes
TimSnyder

I finally got a customer service rep to see this. My newest refurb was still having problems today. Took it in. They started blaming the network, saying according to VZW my phone was roaming even though I was in an area saturated heavily with coverage. So they "fixed" it on the network side.

Once again, not fixed. Went to another store this evening and got a woman who helped with my last refurb to see the issue. I have a Droid X on the way with a free extended battery and cover since the one they are sending will obviously not come with either.

So, bye bye beautiful Fascinate screen projecting an obviously flawed OS. Hello Droid X and Gingerbread! I hope that my issues are solved. I realize no phone is without issues... but as long as I get my texts and calls I will be satisfied.

Good luck to everyone on finding a solution, whether it is with a Fascinate or elsewhere....

0 Likes
patlin

I am having the same issues. Verizon please get a fix. I need to be able to get and receive calls.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
k6smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact issue with all 3 Samsung Fascinate we have that the upgrade was done on.  We have one other that did not get the upgrade and it is working fine. We have talked to customer service so many times these last couple weeks and they keep insisting that the ED04 fixes the problem, but it DOES NOT!!!!!   I started telling everyone to leave a message when they call so I would know they call and I got messages all day today with no missed calls!  My daughter sent me several txts that  I never received as well!!   Very frustrating!!!!!!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

{word filter avoidance} Software

Never will I Ever Buy Anything that says Samsung on it

0 Likes