Random Reboots - ACTIVATION COMPLETE
SOUTHSIDE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just this past weekend my Nexus began randomly restarting itself.  Once unlocked, it shows the activation complete screen that you must click NEXT to get out of.   This used to happen with 4.0.2 but has been better since the 4.0.4 update.  I have pulled the battery and SIM but the issue keeps occurring.  Should I have VZ reactivate the phone?  Is there some kind of cache I can clear like on the OG Droid?  This is happening 5+ times a day and it is starting to get annoying.

Trying to avoid doing a factory reset and having to wipe the phone clean.  I am running the phone in safe mode today to see if I can isolate the issue to an app.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Random Reboots - ACTIVATION COMPLETE
SOUTHSIDE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

This ended up being App related. 

I ran the phone in Safe Mode all day with no issues so I knew it wasn't OS or hardware.  I went in the Google Play store and looked at previous orders to narrow down which apps had been downloaded or updated just before this started to happen.

I believe PicPush was the app creating the issue.  Since I removed that, the Nexus is back to its old self. 

Hopefully this will help anyone that runs into this issue.  The folks at VZ stores often don't know how to fix these things (There's a ton of phones, I wouldn't know every step for all of them either), but at least this might be a good place to start before you mail your phone back and have to start over with a new refurb model.  I learned long ago to always check to find what changed to create the issue in the first place.  90% of the time it gets you the answer or at least pointed in the right direction

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try getting a new SIM card?

I have no other ideas.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
busster8

Have the exact same problem.  After working with support, they are mailing a new phone.

0 Likes
SOUTHSIDE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've run in safe mode all day and it has stopped happening so I think this may be related to an app.  I am going to back track and see if any of the recent downloads I've done might have triggered this.

Good to hear I am at least not alone!

0 Likes
SOUTHSIDE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

This ended up being App related. 

I ran the phone in Safe Mode all day with no issues so I knew it wasn't OS or hardware.  I went in the Google Play store and looked at previous orders to narrow down which apps had been downloaded or updated just before this started to happen.

I believe PicPush was the app creating the issue.  Since I removed that, the Nexus is back to its old self. 

Hopefully this will help anyone that runs into this issue.  The folks at VZ stores often don't know how to fix these things (There's a ton of phones, I wouldn't know every step for all of them either), but at least this might be a good place to start before you mail your phone back and have to start over with a new refurb model.  I learned long ago to always check to find what changed to create the issue in the first place.  90% of the time it gets you the answer or at least pointed in the right direction

0 Likes