wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

They are marking posts solved again when they are not

What a Insult

We are Still Missing Calls

0 Likes
Re: Posts By Verizon Representatives
indysilas

I for one will buy an iPhone next time.  Like someone said, go with what works.  It's as simple as that.  Samsung and Verizon just can't get it together!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Everyone,

I understand your frustration over this issue and agree that we need to find a resolution quickly. I have a Fascinate myself, and while I have not had this issue to the extent some of you have seen, I too am waiting on a fix. I apologize if it seems we are holding out information or keeping you in the dark. When we have information we try to give it to you. Someone suggested that we tell you exactly what is causing the issue, but only our product team and Samsung’s engineering department know this information. We also don't give out dates, 1 because we don't have dates, 2 because in the past when the date was pushed back to a later time, it has caused customers to become even more upset. We have noticed many of these resolutions being marked solved and have communicated this to our team to make sure these ongoing issues are not marked as solved. 

With that being said, this is the last information we received on this issue, and has also been communicated in other forums. On 6/30 Samsung sent us a fix for the phones not ringing and not receiving calls. We are still working with them to test and finalize the fix. We do not have an ETR on exactly how long this will take.

We try to give you the information that we have, and I realize sometimes that is not much. We thought most people would appreciate us saying that we recognize there is a problem and are trying to fix it, rather than not replying or saying we haven't heard of this issue. If you would prefer we not communicate anything until the fix is released I will give that feedback to my team and hold off on any further responses on this issue until we have an official fix from our product team. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
Not applicable

cbndc, 

We have had multiple customers having battery issues with this device and that is why stock depleted for the battery. I just checked and we have it in stock again. If you haven't already received a replacement battery, you can call in to customer service again to have one sent. 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Everyone,

On 6/30 Samsung sent us a fix for the phones not ringing and not receiving calls. We are still working with them to test and finalize the fix. We do not have an ETR on exactly how long this will take.

Thank you,

Since you guys have it and testing are we talking about Gingerbread or a maintenance release?

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I for one apologize for the way I have been acting but it is very frustrating

This has been a very long haul and I am tired of spending hour upon hour going over and over again my problem

Not with VZW so much as Samsung after sending my phone in so many times it is like I don't even own a smart phone

You see each time I send it in it takes 11-14 days than you set it up--And to not have it work

Very Frustrating

But I Do sincerely apologize

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have not heard any information about Gingerbread for the Fascinate. This update will be a maintenance release.

0 Likes
timeless46

I  sure hope they are working nite and day to figure out this major problem.  I have been to verizon store and talk to a customer rep on the phone.  Have had a factory reset.  Helped a slight bit. NowI have a problem with my home screen freezing,  My phone rang  while sitting at the hospital waiting for my husband to be discharged and the phone rang and the screen froze and could not get my puzzle piece to move. More then upset dropped hubby home and off to verizon store again,  just to complain because I knew there was no help for this more then useless phone.  I lovethe way it goes from screen to screen once it unfreezes and the sound quality is great.  easy to down load apps.  Do not want a another refurbish fascinate.  Want my phone fixed so I can trust it.

They have offered to give me a Droid, but they are not trouble free either.  Just give me a Iphone.  Should of bought it in the beginning I guess.       VERIZON come on we need help.   Thinking about not paying my bill, then Verizon will see I am upset and need help.  I have a family plan, one of the other phone on my plan is a fascinate and she is having the same problem.  I am fight for two of us.  I have more free time then she.  HELP VERIZON and quickly

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

I have not heard any information about Gingerbread for the Fascinate. This update will be a maintenance release.

Thank you .

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Everyone,

I understand your frustration over this issue and agree that we need to find a resolution quickly. I have a Fascinate myself, and while I have not had this issue to the extent some of you have seen, I too am waiting on a fix. I apologize if it seems we are holding out information or keeping you in the dark. When we have information we try to give it to you. Someone suggested that we tell you exactly what is causing the issue, but only our product team and Samsung’s engineering department know this information. We also don't give out dates, 1 because we don't have dates, 2 because in the past when the date was pushed back to a later time, it has caused customers to become even more upset. We have noticed many of these resolutions being marked solved and have communicated this to our team to make sure these ongoing issues are not marked as solved. 

With that being said, this is the last information we received on this issue, and has also been communicated in other forums. On 6/30 Samsung sent us a fix for the phones not ringing and not receiving calls. We are still working with them to test and finalize the fix. We do not have an ETR on exactly how long this will take.

We try to give you the information that we have, and I realize sometimes that is not much. We thought most people would appreciate us saying that we recognize there is a problem and are trying to fix it, rather than not replying or saying we haven't heard of this issue. If you would prefer we not communicate anything until the fix is released I will give that feedback to my team and hold off on any further responses on this issue until we have an official fix from our product team. 

Thank you,

MarquiaF,

I for one would much prefer that you continue to communicate with us even if you feel you have nothing new to share. Not receiving our calls is extremely upsetting and, in some instances, dangerous but it does help to be reassured that you acknowledge the problem and feel as frustrated as we do. I'm assuming that, if a fix is not released soon, Verizon will want to find some way to make it right with its customers. 

0 Likes