Post 4.1.1 update google.services.gapps has stopped, gmail has stopped
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my JB update, but not immediately after, I get intermittent pop-up errors saying Unfortunately google.services.gapps has stopped, with 2 buttons, Report and OK.  Also the same with gmail stopping. 

I thought I might be able to delete my google account and re add it, sign in and then resync, but on my Settings page, where it used to say Accounts & Sync, it now only says Accounts, and I can't find any way to unsync and resync.

0 Likes
Re: Post 4.1.1 update google.services.gapps has stopped, gmail has stopped
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I removed the battery and SIM card for a few minutes, then restarted phone, the exact wording of  the error message is.

Screenshot_2012-10-02-11-28-29[1].png

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had installed the Verizon Mobile Security app shortly after the 4.1.1 upgrade. Last night I decided to uninstall it to see if it might be the culprit. So far I haven't gotten the error pop-ups since the uninstall. Could this app just not be entirely compatible with the new OS?

I do still have a problem with the Play Store, I have 4 updates waiting to install, one of which is for Gmail, but every time I accept the install, the store app crashes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi re4ee,

I feel your pain regarding post software update issues. My son has the Nexus and he encountered similar issues after the update. It is highly recommended to do a http://goo.gl/dWY5c factory reset after an operating system software update to resolve any apps compatibility issues, so I had my son do a factory reset. He complained about how inconvenient that is but he did any way, and is very happy he did it as all post update issues were resolved. I recommend you give it a try as well and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes