Phone swap questions
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I have a couple of questions mainly for the VZW folks who help out here. Alot of your customers would appreciate an accurate answer.

1.  Why in the world do you replace peoples phones because of the missed call issue especially ones of different make/model without batteries and battery doors knowing the customer's phone to be replaced is completely different and their battery and door won't work?

2. Are the Charge phones that are being sent out (for the lucky ones that find a corporate store that will honor the agreement) refurbished?

0 Likes
Re: Phone swap questions
pastelball

I would say its cheaper for them to do this.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

SFObrien wrote:

I have a couple of questions mainly for the VZW folks who help out here. Alot of your customers would appreciate an accurate answer.

1.  Why in the world do you replace peoples phones because of the missed call issue especially ones of different make/model without batteries and battery doors knowing the customer's phone to be replaced is completely different and their battery and door won't work?

2. Are the Charge phones that are being sent out (for the lucky ones that find a corporate store that will honor the agreement) refurbished?

I would definitely bet all the phones sent out for exchange are refurbs.
0 Likes
greend21

To answer the second question, I had them order the Charge for me today and they said it is a Certified Like New product, which I'm pretty sure means refurbished.  I didn't care though.  It's better than not getting all of my texts and calls. 

0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my "Certified Like New" Charge and while 4g is fasssssssst , the phone will not send out outgoing texts (wonder why it was sent back the first time).  And yes, I did receive my phone in pieces over a 4 day period - phone front on Monday,  SIM card on Tuesday and finally battery and back cover on Thursday.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

RSDan wrote:

Got my "Certified Like New" Charge and while 4g is fasssssssst , the phone will not send out outgoing texts (wonder why it was sent back the first time).  And yes, I did receive my phone in pieces over a 4 day period - phone front on Monday,  SIM card on Tuesday and finally battery and back cover on Thursday.

That is nothing but a joke.  Doesn't work right and took four deliveries to get a whole phone.  Another reason I turned down the refurb junk for my Fascinate and did some tweaking to make it a very good useable device. 

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

, I'm sorry to hear that you are unsure about our Certified Pre-Owned devices because we stand behind our devices when  your having issues. To answer your question, we send out Certified like-new wireless devices because they pass over a 100-point quality check before they can be offered as replacements. Also, since these devices have the latest software version, they often perform better than the device currently being used. 

Just as a reminder, your manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. Verizon Wireless will provide you with a certified like-new wireless device identical to the one you have in exchange for returning the qualifying defective device. This exchange does not cover physical or liquid damage, installed handsets, batteries, accessories, or antennas.

Battery are not included, because the battery and device are two separate parts of the phone.  When we trouble shoot and decide the issue is with the phone, we only replace the device and you keep your current battery. The current battery works the same as a new battery. If we trouble shoot and decided your battery is having issues, and your under your warranty period, we replace the battery as long as there is no damage. 

This replacement policy is for all devices, including the Charge. With new devices, we provide our customers with a 14day worry free guarantee. This worry free guarantee gives each customer the opportunity to return the phone if there not satisfied with it .

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

KinquanaH_VZW wrote:

SFObrien, I'm sorry to hear that you are unsure about our Certified Pre-Owned devices because we stand behind our devices when  your having issues. To answer your question, we send out Certified like-new wireless devices because they pass over a 100-point quality check before they can be offered as replacements. Also, since these devices have the latest software version, they often perform better than the device currently being used. 

Just as a reminder, your manufacturer's warranty provides an equipment replacement option for up to one year from the date of purchase. Verizon Wireless will provide you with a certified like-new wireless device identical to the one you have in exchange for returning the qualifying defective device. This exchange does not cover physical or liquid damage, installed handsets, batteries, accessories, or antennas.

Battery are not included, because the battery and device are two separate parts of the phone.  When we trouble shoot and decide the issue is with the phone, we only replace the device and you keep your current battery. The current battery works the same as a new battery. If we trouble shoot and decided your battery is having issues, and your under your warranty period, we replace the battery as long as there is no damage. 

This replacement policy is for all devices, including the Charge. With new devices, we provide our customers with a 14day worry free guarantee. This worry free guarantee gives each customer the opportunity to return the phone if there not satisfied with it .

KinguanaH,

Thanks for the informative post  however I still avoid refurbs if at all possible.  I have had several over the years which included BlackBerry,Motorola,and LG which came to me broke in some way.  Everything from keyboards that some keys didn't work, badly scratched screen (refurb BlackBerry), and I could go on if I thought about it.  Like I said that was in the past and hopefully VZW has better testing and inspecting now than then.

I do think the Fascinate is a great phone and that is another reason I declined to switch to an offered replacement.  I have found that there are other ways to make it run great.

Again thanks for your reply.

0 Likes