Phone stopped working
tootse

I have the Samsung facinate and never have had any problems until today. The phone was working this morning but needed charging so I plugged it in to the wall charger and I heard it beep when it was complete. I didn't go to the phone right away but when I did it was frozen on the samsung black screen. I have been trying to get it started ever since. I pushed the the power button and the volume button now I have a screen showing the android system recovery<3e> its on reboot system now but it wont do anything! What do I do now? Oh, I had a system update yesterday not sure if it is related to the problem?

0 Likes
Re: Phone stopped working
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

Pull the battery.......wait two minutes.  Re-insert the battery.  Should power up then.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, Indian, for your suggestion.

Hello tootse,

Did Indian’s suggestion worked for you? If not, I recommend you attempt the hard reset on your device once again. Let us know if this is still occurring after attempting these steps.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FrustratedinAK

Same situation, but phone turns on, screen on, but message at top of screeen reads media scanner running....media scanner complete and loops back to same, draining battery etc.....Is there a live rep on these forums.. I have no other way to communicate...in AK and need phone for work

0 Likes
rrenner33

My phone quite working today as well. It goes from "service" to "no service" and it has been doing it for four hours now! I went to the store and they told me that there were some towers down but all my friends have service. Have any of you encountered this problem yet today?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it’s important for you to have a working phone FrustratedinAK!  Sounds like you may have a bad memory card.  Have you tested with the memory card removed?  Also, remove and reinsert the battery.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AngelMdl03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had these issues and then some... my phone keeps on freezing up, i lose signal, my battery is constantly draining, i miss calls, i don't get some texts, pics don't com thru, the phone(s) keep on shutting down and re starting, I've had NOTHING but problems, I've done all the trouble shooting w/ vzw, and where has that gotten me? NO WHERE! after 3 replacement phones(all the same model of course) I'm seriously considering giving up on vzw, all they keep on saying is "I'm sorry but we can't exchange the phone for a different phone because the manufacturer hasn't reported any known issues with the device" yet if you look up the known issues on the device they are almost all listed!!! frustrated customer here, ready to give up on vzw and take my business where it might actually be appreciated!!!

yh73090
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid is completely frozen. I've restarted and nothing it just sits there, every once in a while it vibrates.

GSR1191

My phone just started doing the same thing today. Did you find anything that worked?

0 Likes
Hannah3598
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the samsung galaxy s the first one and i have already had to get a replacement, iv had the replacement for about 2 weeks now and all of a sudden all my apps are gone and it vibrates randomly coming up with a message that says "force close". I'v tried everything I could think of to try to fix it, but nothing seems to work, someone please help me

0 Likes