Re: PLEASE POINT US TO THE MISSED CALL FIX--IT IS NOT FIXED
geomimi89
0 Likes
SotY

SFObrien wrote:

SotY wrote:

SFObrien wrote:

I can't point you where the fix is due to forum rules but I can say running the Community ROM 2.0 from Android Central combined with the EC09 Gingerbread modem and the missed call problem goes away!

No, it didn't fix anything for me. I'm on CR2.1 (tried 2.0 also) with EC09 radio leak and still having missed calls.

That's interesting what version were you running prior to installing CR 2 ?

I did complete DI01 restore and then EA28 & ED04 OTAs. Flashed CR2.0 with PBJT kernel and 2.1 patch and then EC09 modem. Still having missed calls.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

SotY wrote:

SFObrien wrote:

SotY wrote:

SFObrien wrote:

I can't point you where the fix is due to forum rules but I can say running the Community ROM 2.0 from Android Central combined with the EC09 Gingerbread modem and the missed call problem goes away!

No, it didn't fix anything for me. I'm on CR2.1 (tried 2.0 also) with EC09 radio leak and still having missed calls.

That's interesting what version were you running prior to installing CR 2 ?

I did complete DI01 restore and then EA28 & ED04 OTAs. Flashed CR2.0 with PBJT kernel and 2.1 patch and then EC09 modem. Still having missed calls.

Two differences in our setups are I'm running 2.0  and the OTB Kernel 1.6 with custom underolt settings.  Could this be the difference?  Not sure. Strange how different devices perform so differently.  The only time I had missed call issue was when running stock Froyo or using the ED04 modem ?

I guess just hang on a little longer,  a Gingerbread package is coming  together (CM7) that is getting great reviews.  The only thing not working with it at this time is the MMS.

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE POINT US TO THE MISSED CALL FIX--IIT IS NOT FIXED
rcschnoor
Legend

wardcst24 wrote:

This is the 2nd time this has been Solved in less than a week.

Has any one found the Solution Because I would love to start receiving Calls on my Fascinate and put this nightmare Behind me

As it Stands it is not solved and I have to use a Differant phone to recieve Calls

This is a Insult

Almost as bad as the one from Samsung they send the phone back and say it passes all tests.

So I do my test

1.  Activate it

2. Call it to see if it rings it Does

3. don't Install any app's

4. let the phone set do not touch it for 1 - 1 1/2 hours

5. Call it and see if it rings

I have never had it ring when testing it this way

So How is this fixed

Just wondering, were you the original poster on any of the threads that were marked as "solved"? If not, how can you be sure that the problem was not "solved" to the satisfaction of the original poster. It is their thread after all and if they deem it solved, then they have every right to mark it as such.

If you are the OP, well, then not really sure how it was marked as "solved".

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

rcschnoor wrote:

Just wondering, were you the original poster on any of the threads that were marked as "solved"? If not, how can you be sure that the problem was not "solved" to the satisfaction of the original poster. It is their thread after all and if they deem it solved, then they have every right to mark it as such.

I am the poster and My call issue has not been Solved

So I would guess I should know if it is solved and if I marked it Solved or not

Thanks

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

I am the poster and My call issue has not been Solved

So I would guess I should know if it is solved and if I marked it Solved or not

Thanks

Try soft locker for a temporary fix until Verizon and Samsung get their act together
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

You know I Did not mark this Resolved and I did Post this

Interesting If I did not do it and nobody else has access to the green Solved Button

Why Would I Ever think Someone at Verizon Did it ?  Process of elimination I Guess

I may live in SD but my eyes are open --If it were someone stealing something the logical thought would be who has Access to the missing Item

Not much different here who Could possibly have access to that green button

Does Anyone know ?? I did not mark it Solved

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm sorry it was marked solved and when it was not.  Please PM me your number so I can do some research on your account.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We have updated our policy on handling missed calls very recently for the Fascinate.  We normally don't request people to call in, but if you are reading this, that may be your best option.  Call 800-922-0204 option 3 for tech support.  Choose the option for advanced devices and PDAs.  This will get you to tech support.  We do have different options available for customers experiencing this issue while we work on the permanent fix to this problem. 

You also have the option to PM me with your cell number, and I'd be happy to review this in detail via phone call or PM. 

Thanks for all of your patience. I know this has been quite a rocky road with this issue. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just in case you reach someone who is not aware of this policy, I'm updating as many Fascinate forums as I can:

I need to clarify a little further on this. I will be bolding words, but please do not take it as internet yelling.  I need to make some stuff stand out though. 

On 7-8-11, Verizon Wireless implemented a POLICY on the Fascinate.  Whenever a new policy comes along, all 80,000+ employees are not going to be aware of it immediately.  Not that it's excusable, but it happens from time to time.

If you go to a Verizon Wireless CORPORATE store, and they are unfamiliar with the process, I will post info to guide them on the new policy.  I cannot post the policy because I could get canned, but I can post how to get to the policy. 

Where is this policy? There are 2 ways to get there:

1) Open up InfoManager.  In the search box, type in: "Samsung Fascinate Not Receiving Calls."  This will bring up several search results.  It's the first result that shows up.

2) There is an OST article number for this information.  The OST that can also be typed in the Infomanager search box is 70946.  This will bring up several search results as well.  It's the first option.

Things to note:  This missed call issue is intermittent. 

**There is no fix for it.  It can't be master reset, updated with new software (at this time), battery pulled, *228 update, or network troubleshot.  It does NOT need to be duplicated in-store for a replacement as it is intermittent.  Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. When it's a known intermittent issue, we should NOT need to duplicate it in the store. **

I hope this helps someone.  This is applicable to Verizon Wireless in both the stores and over-the-phone tech support.  Customer care cannot process these requests over the phone. You MUST speak with tech support.

0 Likes