New Update Did Not Help
musicislove45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my phone to Verizon the day of the update so of course I could not get a new phone. They said they would do a data reset that should put my phone in complete working order. After the reset the phone seemed fine until the next day. My battery drained in five hours when I had no apps running. On top of that I missed a call because I have a voicemail but nothing in my call log to tell me they called. My screen still will not shut off immediately and when I press the button it takes a screen shot before turning off the screen. And last night I could not get onto the internet although mobile data was on.

What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Update Did Not Help
musicislove45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called verizon support yesterday and the guy immediately sent me a new fascinate. it is not the fix I want, but maybe with this one I won't be having as many issues because it will already have the software loaded prior to me getting it. I hope this works, if not I really want to buy an iphone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

First thing to check would be the software version.

ED05 is now the latest.

( Menu..settings..about phone..  scroll down to near the bottom to see version

both baseband version and build number should end in ED05. ).

If not ED05, then updating the software would be the first thing to try.

ED05 is supposed to fix the missed calls issue.

0 Likes
musicislove45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the newest software I checked right after the data reset. Still did not solve my issues.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah ED05 did not fix everyone 's problem as far as the missed calls. I talk to the manager and they are aware of the problem  and are  releasing another update today. Aug 1. So we shall see

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

yellowboy74 wrote:

Yeah ED05 did not fix everyone 's problem as far as the missed calls. I talk to the manager and they are aware of the problem  and are  releasing another update today. Aug 1. So we shall see

I am thinking why some fascincates are working and others are not and I think it has to do with the date the phone was made, I seem to read about this someplace on this site.
0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well if it has something to do with the date the phone was purchased , I bought mine the first day it was released which was September 9.2010.

Still having Missed Call Issues.

0 Likes
thornbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the ED05 update, my Fascinate has started to bounce between 3G and 1x.  The network speeds have been extremely slow too.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank,

Tim

0 Likes
musicislove45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called verizon support yesterday and the guy immediately sent me a new fascinate. it is not the fix I want, but maybe with this one I won't be having as many issues because it will already have the software loaded prior to me getting it. I hope this works, if not I really want to buy an iphone.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

thornbe wrote:

After the ED05 update, my Fascinate has started to bounce between 3G and 1x.  The network speeds have been extremely slow too.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank,

Tim

thornbe,

Sorry you are still experiencing problems after the software update!  I would like to assist.

I actually have the same device, so would like to suggest to you something that worked for me.  After my Fascinate updated I performed a Hard Reset.  Now my device is running flawlessly!  I'm including a link with instructions and screen shots below.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to performing the Hard Reset.

Hard Reset - Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500

Let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
medawi

ED05 Didn't help.  I'm still having calls go to voicemail and it never rings or shows a missed call.  A full battery doesn't last but 3-4 hours with NO USE!   I'm seriously irritated with this phone.  I LOVED it for months until the 2.2 update but now its junk.  I shouldn't have to use my upgrade and pay money to get a new phone.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes