Never Never again will recommend Verizon to anyone
DC4

I along with my other half purchased these phone at the same time as the Verizon employee recommend these were the best.  HA HA  Well 3 days after had my phone and had nothing but problems with it and being on phone at night with tech support finally took phone back to store and while they were working on phone they said bad sim card...meanwhile we were there for about 2 hours while they were trying to figure out what was going on...Ok so they put new card it and played with phone for a while and somewhere along the line they took screen saver off to clean screen good. They give me phone back and off we go...only to again run into problems that night with it...I am at work where I am sitting right near our IT equipment and cannot get wifi while everyone one else is and also no mobile next work available to make calls... So hoe I come that night and on phone with Tech support at Verizon and take out card and wait few minutes and then put back in and start phone up, yes it worked and asked gentleman on phone is this something I am going to have to do all the time...he said "no shouldn't have to, maybe it just was not put in all the way". Ok thank you.  In meantime when at store and they took screensaver off called them back to let them know and was told "sorry"  we have more here in store u can stop by and purchase.    Ok so days go by and problems come and go still with phone, between going to store at times when could get there cause of work and schedule or on phone with tech support at night...still phone messes up and low and behold today finally have had it and go to the store and while they are working on phone  what do I hear  "You need a new phone, this one is not working properly and even when connect to computer does not take things"  well thank you for telling me that...so then told will have to send phone out to verizon and have one mailed back to me...wait I have to mail it out and wait for a phone....told to contact customer service and see what they will do...so call them while at store and speak and was told yes mail phone out and will send me a refurbished one in 2 to 5 business days...Hello, I paid for a new phone, not going to get a used one, and have to go with out phone for 2to 5 business days...this is my phone I use for all things, do not have a home phone, and I will be traveling this weekend, great no phone case break down, or any family emergency, plus this phone is for work, as I am a on -call person for my job case problems or diaster happens.   We have pulled up several writes on this phone and see where alot of people have had problems with it and had to exchange it and have gotten better phones cause of all their problems and Verizon realized it has made a mistake with pushing it out with caring about the comestic look over the hardware of it.....Let me say my other half his phone has not had any problems at all, but with all the problems I have had and then getting a refurbished one back over a new one that I paid for....and left with no phone for days...I am not very supportive of Verizon anymore.  Anyone else have problems with the Galaxy?  Please let me hear your problems and if they solved yours.

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: Never Never again will recommend Verizon to anyone
shagg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you contact Samsung? They did make the phone after all, not Verizon. No one ever thinks of contacting the manufacturer. If your TV went bust, would you call your cable company to fix it? These baby rants serve no purpose and help no one.

0 Likes
Canon_Kayaker71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, they DO serve a purpose.....it let's other customers know what we're in for when we have problems with our own devices....seriously...as DC pointed out....he paid for a brand new phone....if the phone is defective, why would anyone settle for a second-hand refurbished one??? Seriously, Would you? It'd be just like going to a used car dealer and paying the original price on a car that was already driven around by a sweet elderly couple on the weekends for the past year.

Money these days is far too valuable to throw away on things of lesser value. Surely we all know this by now!

I, for one, commend customers who rant and rave about the customer service experience. We're smiled at, and assured we're being given the best treatment they can possibly muster up, all the while having a knife stuck into our wallets/purses, plucking out our hard earned cash.

What's unfortunate, is that every cell company out there has forums like this, and they are all riddled with complaints and praise. It's just a matter of how much we're able to put up with before being forced to find a new provider that will give us a new set of issues...the customer will never win. Smiley Sad

shagg
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have no idea how U.S customers on all carriers are SPOILED. The phones are all subsidized by the carrier and the consumer benefits from this business model. This self-interest entitlement sentiment will soon be on its way out. The two major carriers, Verizon and ATT are contemplating the European cell industry model. You buy the phone from the manufacturer at FULL RETAIL PRICE, then decide which carrier to connect with. If you have an issue with the device, you contact the manufacturer. If you have an issue with the network (dropped calls for example) you contact the carrier. The US cell carriers cannot sustain the business model anymore as cell phone manufacturers are making a killing on the sale of phones to carriers. so STOP the whining!

0 Likes
Canon_Kayaker71
Enthusiast - Level 2

So expecting quality and service from a provider, of who we are paying, is called being spoiled? Seriously?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DC@13820 and Community,

Our cell phones have become a huge part in our life so I understand how frustrating it is when your phone isn't working correctly.  I appreciate the time you've spent regarding your phone issues and the time you spent to write out to us and the community.  I sincerely apologize for all of the difficulties you encountered.

I know it's hard to go through all of these steps and I want you to know that we will always be here to attempt everything in our power to ensure you have a working phone. 

I am happy to hear that your other half's phone has been working correctly and I hope at this point you are now in possesion of a functioning device.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and the community!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dimski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with you 100% ill never be a verizon customer ever again after my contract

dimski
Enthusiast - Level 3

also ive gotten 5+replacement phones from verizon  and every single one of them had a defect. The one they recently sent me, i cant use it at all.. it reboots on its own. im stuck with useless verizon representative not giving me any option or a way to fix my problem. useless verizon -_-

okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

There is no reason to contact Samsung. The agreement is between the customer and VZW. VZW sold the customer the phone and agreed to service it. The carrier sold both the service, hardware, and support of the hardware directly to the customer. The customer calling Samsung makes no sense.