Major time lag with text messaging
Dror94

Experiencing a major time lag (6-12hrs) in terms of receiving text messages.  I'm clearly within Verizon service (everything else on the Nexus works) since everything else (apps, voicemail) notifies immediately when something is receiving.  But not the text messages (even when I'm staring at the message screen).  Any thoughts on how to set it so I am immediately notified when folks send me a text message?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Major time lag with text messaging
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

is your problem within the Verizon infrastructure? I noticed the problem mostly coming 'from" the network.

Sometimes going from carrier to carrier these issues occur. however, I have not had the experience going from Verizon to Verizon...  Sprint to Verizon I certainly experienced what you are describing...

0 Likes
Re: Major time lag with text messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dror94,

I definitely want the messaging to work properly on your phone. Delays in receiving text messages can be a big deal. The question asked by alfred_in was a good one (thank you). Is the trouble with all carriers? Have you noticed if the message is there but the notification itself delays? All the details you can provide will be helpful in fixing this.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes