Invalid MEID?
saltiren

Hello, I own a Samsung Fascinate that I've had for a while but have never activated it, but I would like to add a data plan to it.  When I try to activate my device, I dial *#06# and it gives me the MEID, which when I enter it on the website, Verizon says it is incorrect. I also tried dialing *228 and it tells me to press 1, but there is no keypad.  The screen either goes black or says "Activating Phone".  I don't know if my phone has ever been activated before.  I plan on taking it to a Verizon store but I hope that I could find some help on here.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Invalid MEID?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here saltiren because I know the frustration of needing to use a device but can't get it on your account! Is the phone a Verizon Wireless phone? We are unable to activate phones from a different carrier. Also, do you have an active account with us. Is your account prepaid or post paid. Let's start with locating the esn another way. You can do this two ways, to view the esn/meid internally select applications from the home screen, select settings, select about phone, select status, locate MEID. The second way is via the back of the phone by removing the back cover and battery. View the MEID HEX on the tag inside the battery compartment. Now that you have this number, you can activate the phone online via My-VErizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . You can also activate the phone by dialing *228, send, option #1. If you're getting an error message, you will need to try activating online or via customer service from an alt phone by dialing 1-800-922-0204 or you can visit a store. I hope this information is helpful. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ChrisMaron2013

I purchased an iPhone 4S from Verizon and replaced it with another iPhone 4S before my two year service contract expired.  I've subscribed to a service plan nearly four years after purchasing the initial phone. But they will not allow me to reactivate the phone because its reported to have an invalid ESN. I assume this is because I did not use the phone I bought from Verizon for two years.  However, I did subscribe to the service plan in excess of the two years required to upgrade the phone at which point I should be allowed to transfer it to another subscriber on my account.  Os there any way I could have Verizon clear the invalid ESN so the phone can be re activated through Verizon? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ChrisMaron2013,

You should be able to activate your device regardless of how long it was deactivated. As long as you are listed as the owner of the device in our system we can clear the ESN for you. Please follow me and send me a direct message for further assistance.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

- You'll have to approve their Follow request, as well as send them one that they'll have to approve at .  Once you both are Following each other, then you can Direct Message them.

0 Likes