Insufficient Memory Problem After Gingerbread Update
mooboy

After the Gingerbread update, my phone will not download anything from the marketplace and I get an error stating that I have insufficient memory.  I have 10 GB on a sd card and 0.92 GB internal memory available so I have plenty of room.  Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Insufficient Memory Problem After Gingerbread Update
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same thing happen. After the update the Personal Data was mostly full and kept going up higher and higher until it was near full and giving the Insufficient memory after a few weeks after the update.  If you go to Task Manager you can find the different types of memory.  Internal Phone Storage, Personal Data and External SD card and see what you are short on.  I finally found that some of the Personal Data memory is taken up in Settings go to Running Services go check out each app and clear the cache. Running Services for the Samsung Media Hub App sucked up a whole lot of memory. I cleared the Cache on it and a few others and I got almost all the Personal Memory back and everything was ok. Hope this helps. I saw read some other poster saying this is what he did to fix the problem in another topic. It worked for me. Hope it works for those with the same problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SamFasc2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to hard reset my phone to get rid of it. Two days and I'm still trying to get everything back just the way I liked it before resetting...

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same thing happen. After the update the Personal Data was mostly full and kept going up higher and higher until it was near full and giving the Insufficient memory after a few weeks after the update.  If you go to Task Manager you can find the different types of memory.  Internal Phone Storage, Personal Data and External SD card and see what you are short on.  I finally found that some of the Personal Data memory is taken up in Settings go to Running Services go check out each app and clear the cache. Running Services for the Samsung Media Hub App sucked up a whole lot of memory. I cleared the Cache on it and a few others and I got almost all the Personal Memory back and everything was ok. Hope this helps. I saw read some other poster saying this is what he did to fix the problem in another topic. It worked for me. Hope it works for those with the same problem.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

I can echo what KSGerber said.  My insufficient memory issue was related to the Samsung Media Hub.  

0 Likes