Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
Wildman
Legend

Actually B33 there is ways for users to have post removed or edited (Mod and Admins final decision) but this is only if the post broke some forum rules but under this situation I am not sure why it was thought that I rejected a post.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i was gonna Say Wildman that if a person writes a post an ones post behind it: That if that person the OP was to want to remove his an {all following Post}  i think i remember seeing it in the remove options He or She Can..Unless that Option is no longer Available..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I think that option is still available but also there is a few other ways that a user can have a post removed or edited.. If a user reports a post for abuse the post is usually removed until the Admin verifies if the policies was broken and then they edit or delete as needed but the one thing that can be a bit confusing is that this method removes all messages that replied to that messages also to avoid confusion.

0 Likes
Gilberto

I think the post was removed by a moderator. Anyway, since it is almost 14 days since I changed to Verizon, I went to the store and change my Galaxy Nexus with an iPhone 4S. The iPhone is a 3G phone, but I have signal everywhere and all the time. I miss Andriod widgets and detailed information about data, memory and battery, but I couldn't stand the lack of service most of the day. At least, the Galaxy Nexus should have a faster restart button.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is also possible that the user you responded to deleted their post and any replies made to it. I have seen it happen before in this community. Heck even in the past week it has happened to some of my posts where the post that I responded to is now gone along with my post.

If the post was deleted by a moderator, I would guess that they would send you a message informing you. That has been my experience with this community since joining here and another similar forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bambam619
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have been waiting patiently for this update and I can say that I am overly frustrated with WHOM ever is responsible for the update. I get told so many different stories! First it's Verizon pinning it on Samsung and you call Samsung you get told it's Verizon. Good lord just fix my phone already. It's a nice phone, but in my opinion they sold us a product that does not work properly and they need to fix it. My wife has the Bionic and she will be sitting next to me and will have a 4G connection and I will have nothing, so it's not the network obviously. I signed a 2 year contract for a phone that I am unable to use like everyone else that has a 4G phone. I didn't bother taking mine back because Verizon staff did everything to convince me that there will be an update quickly to fix connectivity issues and please keep in mind that this was in the first week of the phones release. In my opinion I signed a 2 year agreement and with that I am promised service. No service to me is being in an area where everyone has no service, but sitting next to my wife while she is actively surfing the wb, updating her Facebook and playing games is **. I would almost consider suing Verizon for breech of contract. I opened another line and purchased a Razr Maxx to get me by until an update. So now they get my extra 9.99 for the extra line.  was told several times that they will not take the phone back, but they will exchange for a new one. What will that fix? Straight negligence!

0 Likes
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

bambam

I am the same situation. A Verizon tech rep told me they had no idea when the update would be released, because it was all Samsung. Then he told me to call Samsung--as if Samsung will tell me information it does not share with the Verizon corporation? Also, I find it hard to believe that in their contract Verizon did not insert anything along the lines of "keep us informed of when updates will be ready." The idea that their legal team allowed them to sign a contract under which they have no clue when updates will be pushed through is not plausible.

Regardless, the same thing happened to me with being told that the update was coming, and the return period running out. This is illegal, and they cannot legally deny you a return  simply because you relied upon their word. It's promissory estoppel, and it's the law pretty much everywhere. I don't know what recourse there is, but maybe try mentioning the fact that you are aware that this is illegal to a representative, and perhaps they'll pass you up to someone who can do something for you. I doubt they will fear a lawsuit by a single person, but this seems to have happened to a lot of people, and I doubt Verizon wants to deal with a class action lawsuit, if some enterprising lawyer somewhere decides to jump on this issue, which is entirely possible.

0 Likes
bambam619
Enthusiast - Level 2

Devils8

Being that you are in the same situation did you get to return your phone? I tried and even went up the ladder a little bit and I was told only that Verizon will exchange, but not refund. I cannot believe that no one has filed a class action lawsuit against Verizon regarding this phone. This phone was one of the most anticipated and now it is the worst phone to own. they are going to be releasing the next Samsung flagship phone soon and I am sure it will not have the problems we have had.

Yet we are sitting around for an update just to use our phone. I know there are the guys that flash their phone and use custom ROMS to get what they want out of their phone, but I prefer keeping it stock. The phone should do what it was meant to do out of the box and it doesn't even do that. I know they don't have to promise updates, but I am sure they have to provide us with equipment that functions correctly. I am sure people don't like signing contracts with the thoughts their equipment may not work. Come on Verizon FIX OUR PHONES! Or take it back.... They need to have a lemon law for phones

0 Likes
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bambam

I've basically been talking to Verizon reps, hearing about 4 different stories, being told the update was imminent, etc., and waiting for it. After the 4.0.5 didn't appear in "early April" (shocker) I called and am getting a replacement phone. It's refurbished, and given some stuff on read forums I don't have a ton of hope. If it's not better, I'm going to just demand a Razr Maxx, as I've heard that have excellent battery life, and I think are either already on Ice Cream Sandwich will be soon. I guess under the warranty they will only exchange phones, but if you want a refund I'm not sure what you could do. It might be worth it to call your credit card company and explain the situation to them, and maybe they will agree not to pay a month's bill or something. But short of leaving Verizon, it would be tough. If you're willing to leave Verizon, I think you could definitely just cancel your account, call your credit card company and explain everything that you went through and how you were treated, and I wouldn't be surprised if they agreed not to pay. Verizon isn't gonna sue you, and if your credit card company is behind  you, I don't think it will affect your credit or anything. That's all I would know to do. It really is absurd. I mean, to be told by a tech person that I should contact Samsung to find out why "my" phone wasn't updated, when it's common knowledge the no Verizon Galaxy Nexuses were updated is just beyond ridiculous. If Verizon continues to show this amount of contempt for their customers, I predict there will be a lawsuit. I don't know a ton about consumer protection law, but I'm pretty sure I've read a large number of people talking about situations that are clear violations. Just one example: what if calls aren't coming through, you're told there's an update coming any day that will fix it,  and 6 months later you get a call for a job offer that doesn't go through, and so you don't get the job? There are plenty of courts in this country that would aware damages for lost opportunity there, and if it was a good job, that could be a lot of money. And that's just one possible situation for one customer.  Bottom line, beyond the tremendous damage they're doing to their brand, I think they're risking serious legal trouble as well.

0 Likes
videogameland

Greetings, I have been with ATT with 4+ years and I recently switched over to Verizon and chose the samsung galaxy nexus as well. What a HUGE DISAPOINTMENT! Like all of you have stated, the phone is junk and has serious signal connection issues.

This phone is a disgrace. I am returning it and going to try the motorola droid razr maxx. I am a bit surprised that Verizon is taking so long to remedy this situation. STOP SELLING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS! (unless the problems are fixed!). Holy.

By the way after talking to a few of the customer reps about this connection problem on the nexus.. Some of them are complete silly gooses!@#$!@#$.

One of them had the balls to give me a lecture on how great the galaxy nexus was because it was a "pure ICS" phone. LOL. Thats great Mister, but if I have no signal, ICS is completely useless! Goodness, do I really need to even say this.

0 Likes