Re: How do I eliminate my voicemail password?
pjsherod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same with me Mary! All boring here!

0 Likes
glassyaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding bearone21.    I could easily change the password but would probably have the same problem which only occurs in my home.   Personally I don't care about privacy in this instance.  I'm retired and my voicemail is not that confidential.   I am simply seeking ease of access and now I have it.   While trying to solve my problem, however, I discovered that it is impossile to set speed dials on the Galaxy Nexus or at least I couldn't find a way.   I still have the speed dial settings from my old phone but can't create new ones.

0 Likes
glassyaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate your suggestions and points to ponder Wildman.  Security is not important to me since I don't plan to store anything on this phone of a confidential nature and I didn't sync my main email to the phone. This is my first Android based phone and I have much to learn so I imagine I'll be back to this forum with more questions in the future.   I do not have Visual Voicemail yet but plan to install it soon.   If you have any tips in that regard I'd love to see them and save myself hours.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

use google voice for your voicemail - free visual voicemail and transcription

0 Likes
barnlizard

I've had Google Voice for about 4 months. It seems that more than half of the messages can't be transcribed at all (maybe they're hangups) and 95% of the ones that come through are totally useless! Most of the time, they don't even transcribe the phone number correctly that the caller leaves in the message. I've never tried Verizon's visual voicemail. How is it on quality? I'm willing to pay the 2.99 a month if I can read them. Most of my calls are not from people that I know; it's more business than personal so I don't recognize the callers to find out what's going on with the voicemail. (And I don't listen to voicemail; I know, bad business practice but I don't have time, hence, visual voicemail).

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I prefer YouMail myself from the market, it works well and it supports transcribing but I never used it because it is a premium option.   I do not think Verizon supports transcriber option but I never seen any that did it correct so it was useless for me also.  YouMail allows custom greeting for Groups or Individuals that I really love.

I signed up for YouMail free and then added the Better YouMail app from another developer because I like the UI better and I haven't looked back.

YouMail.. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.youmail.android.vvm&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyL...

Better YouMail... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bestitguys.BetterYouMailPro&feature=search_result#?t=W251b...

https://lh4.ggpht.com/td1y7kvNA8kTR24-Z5B-2S-30o_GRidkFZsMD1PadqArT8dDSdxMVWVortLm=h230

0 Likes