Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1
You're right. Gingerbread is cosmetically the same as Froyo. BUT... I bet your Fascinate is running a lot better in terms of performance with GB. Right?
0 Likes
JoshuaYP

a little bit yes, but still... I wanted more locale options and TW4.0 which should have come with GB XD and at least greatful since I'm not experiencing those issues other users are having after update...

0 Likes
homesmd

If the phone restarting itself all the time, or going into a black screen that can only be recovered from by removing your battery is better...then yes my phone is operating better......GRRRRR to Verizon/Samsung for making the customers the beta tester

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1
It sounds like an app you have loaded has a conflict with Gingerbread. You might want to uninstall some of the apps you have loaded to see if they are the cause. I had to uninstall/install Google Maps due to freezing issues.
0 Likes
jamesknix

I have tried this download 6 or 7 times now, and each time I get a message saying "device runs out of memory". I have plenty of memory on my phone, over a gig on the actual phone and 8 on the SD Card. The RAM is fine as well. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

If so, please help!

0 Likes
Smooner1
Enthusiast - Level 3

jamesknix wrote:

I have tried this download 6 or 7 times now, and each time I get a message saying "device runs out of memory". I have plenty of memory on my phone, over a gig on the actual phone and 8 on the SD Card. The RAM is fine as well. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

If so, please help!

Hey!  The times that I have gotten the "memory" error was times that the phone is trying to use WIFI to download and I have no WIFI connection or when I have a WIFI connection but I believe with the update it doesn't use the WIFI so just make sure the WIFI is turned off and not that the phone says it won't use the WIFI.  Try that and maybe it will work.  Just a suggestion.  Hope it helps.

0 Likes
jamesknix

I eventually got it to work after a few hours. The problem wasn't wifi or anything I could change on the phone, but just a system bug. Someone suggested I take out the battery and try, and I did and it worked.

Does it make sense?

No.

Am I happy anyway?

Yes. 

0 Likes