cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

nene787
Miembro

The difference the ram is now 379 mb instead of 337mb like on froyo so they free more memory on this then my htc g2.

0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

DC5_K20Z1
Novice
Yea, the 29th has come and passed, alot of people still don't have the new ota software, and we can't check for updates it just says "your system is up to date", even though the software is out. With the fascinate you can check manually and pull it right?
0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

sivadselim
Miembro

DC5_K20Z1 wrote:
With the fascinate you can check manually and pull it right?

0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

NuDroidUsrr
Sr. Member

Triton46 wrote:

I just finished the upgrade, other than the difference in the icons at the top...visually the phone appears the same.

 

I did notice that I can get three bars now on 3G in the house where as I have only gotten one bar in the past.  What other differences are there?


  Actually, the bars are for your cell signal for phone calls,etc, not the broadband 3G signal. There are other ways to check that.

0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

sivadselim
Miembro

NuDroidUsrr wrote:

Triton46 wrote:

I did notice that I can get three bars now on 3G in the house where as I have only gotten one bar in the past.


  Actually, the bars are for your cell signal for phone calls,etc, not the broadband 3G signal. There are other ways to check that.



Right.  And just because the bars are displaying differently doesn't mean your signal is any different.  Maybe the bars just display differently.

0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

JayPeriod
Miembro
Glad to hear you guys are getting the GB update, and that it's going well, for the most part. Us Continuum users are still on 2.1 and will never see 2.2, much less 2.3. I'm really kicking myself now for passing on the Fascinate and choosing the Continuum. Liked the ticker. Now, with more and more apps requiring 2.2, my ticker will worthless before long.
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

SFObrien
Novice

sivadselim wrote:

NuDroidUsrr wrote:

Triton46 wrote:

I did notice that I can get three bars now on 3G in the house where as I have only gotten one bar in the past.


  Actually, the bars are for your cell signal for phone calls,etc, not the broadband 3G signal. There are other ways to check that.



Right.  And just because the bars are displaying differently doesn't mean your signal is any different.  Maybe the bars just display differently.


Dbm reading is more accurate.  SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>SIGNAL STRENGTH.  -85 or lower is pretty good place to be. 

0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

stonent
Miembro

Agringo wrote:

scottsfd wrote:

Running it since yesterday. Hardly a long or complete assessment yet, but seems smooth. No glaring bugs noticed yet. It'll be nice to get a de-binged, de-bloated version.



At this point who really cares whether we get it or not! Verizon is soooo slow to give us updates that as soon as my contract is up I am gone! They keep blaming Samsung but it's not them. All the other Galaxy devices get their updates! Goodbye Verizon!


 

Really? My Aunt has a Samsung VIbrant on T-Mobile, and she's still on 2.1 and hasn't received their OTA yet.

0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

DC5_K20Z1
Novice
Nice, does the fascinate have video enabled for gtalk at all?
0 Me gusta

Re: Gingerbread EH03 on the way for Fascinate :)

JoshuaYP
Miembro

So... now we have 2.3 Gingerbread... I don't see much difference in this updates...

 

sooooo where is the TouchWiz 4.0 XD

I was expecting TW 4.0 and more locale settings in this update...

 

seems I was expecting too much... *sigh*

0 Me gusta