Galaxy Nexus Stuck On Nexus "X" Logo
BkHustlaKidd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to upgrade my galaxy nexus using the jelly bean ota and now it's stuck and its been that way for over an hour. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to find a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus Stuck On Nexus "X" Logo
ray1994

So did you actually update the software? Or is that when it froze? If it said that everything was updated, I would try removing and popping in the battery to see if that works. If it was in the middle of updating, that'd be a little risky.

0 Likes
BkHustlaKidd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea i did the update it installed then rebooted and got stuck on the nexus logo and i did the battery pull but that wasn't until i seen it was still on the nexus logo an hour later

0 Likes
ray1994

Can you turn it off or is it just completely frozen?

0 Likes
BkHustlaKidd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea if i hold down for few seconds, but the boot animation is still moving so i'm not sure if it's frozen.

0 Likes
ray1994

I would definitely get it looked at. That doesn't sound like an issue you can fix by yourself.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Should be the GOOGLE LOGO not the nexus logo....yes it's dang slow, I drove to the V store walking in ten minutes later all of a sudden I saw the JB X in my screen, so I went home. 

Still at this point it DOES have a much slower reboot cycle, it hangs on the google logo forever then to the stupid little x in the middle(how could they have such a nice update and a dinky stupid animation for the bootup process?)  I was doing what you did, pop the battery, I tried to restart in the safe mode but kept getting the start/fast bootloader/recovery section...that's when I headed to verizon and 10min later the x got there.

I would think that as long as the animation is moving, it's not stalled, but trying to complete the update....it updates all your apps on the first boot up......Any thing else, you'd better wait for a serious programmer to chime in, or V's tech support....but it won't probably be the first tier that helps.

0 Likes
BkHustlaKidd
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't hang on the google logo that long for me after a few second it goes to the x and that's when it gets stuck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BkHustlaKidd - Some of these updates can take a while, but that sounds excessively slow! Were you finally able to complete the update?

Let us know!

Thank you everyone that has contributed to this thread, take care!

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BkHustlaKidd
Enthusiast - Level 2

No i wasn't able to and after two hours of the phone being stuck at the x and getting very hot i had to use a program i found online odin just so i could get the phone to work