Galaxy Nexus Charge Bolt when Not Charging
Denitrika

My galaxy nexus is now having an issue where it will not accept a charge from some chargers.  Also,when it is taken out of a charger the unit will still show a charge bolt even though it isnt really charging and will cycle between the bolt and not charging randomly...  to top it off it will wake the screen as it goes from charging to not effectively killing my battery life...

I've recycled the unit.  Let the battery die out and recieve a full charge.  I've takent he actual battery out for an hour and tried it again.  No matter what I do, nothing helps.  All the chatter on the web is pointing to a hardware malfunction...?

Help

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus Charge Bolt when Not Charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denitrika,

Hello! Sounds like you've done a lot already! Does the phone charge with the orginal charger that came with the phone? What kind of charger is not working? Did you recently download any apps to the phone?

Let us know!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Denitrika

The phone charges with most chargers including the original.  No apps have been recently downloaded, but I did wipe my phone and go back to stock including all apps.  Issue was still present so I believe it to be a hardware issue.  Specifically an issue with the micro usb port...

0 Likes
Ron_Ramos

I am having the same problem. Ive tried everything. Have you found a resolution yet?

0 Likes
DaveLeComte
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, as are hundreds of others It seems obvious that there is a problem with the GNEX. People are replacing the USB ports, using different chargers and applying many other "fixes", all to no effect. My phone is 60 days old, running 4.04. Has anyone stepped up to the plate yet, acknowledged the issue, and offered a remedy?

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I use battery solo widget, it turns blue when charging and green when not connected to power....also tells you what % your battery is charged....that might help

0 Likes
Jennycakes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue. Does anyone have any resolution or did you have to get a new phone? Mine is only 6 months old and it's constantly reading it's charging when it's not and when it's connected to the charger that came with it or any other, it will not charge. When it's not connected to a charger, it goes between charging and not charging activating the screen on an off. It's so frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jennycakes, having issues with your phone not charging is never a good thing! We are all very busy and it’s very inconvenient having to constantly charge our phones but don’t worry because I’m here to help!

How long have you had this issue? Does the charging port seem loose? Are you plugging into an outlet or USB when charging? Has there been any damage to the phone?

Try plugging the phone to the charger and power cycle the device while plugged in. Retest and keep me posted. You mentioned your phone is only 6 months old so it is still under warranty. We may need to replace the phone if the issue continues.

John B

0 Likes
NexusJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue and tried everything you mentioned also. I also used to use a battery widget, than just made things worse.  Even more alerts once the battery hit 15%. After 15% might as well turn it off because it constant alerts (every 5 seconds) to plug in, then it thinks its plugged in, then realizes its discharging and the cycle doesn't end until the phone dies. Very frustrating

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@NexusJ, having issues with the battery is never a fun time! This is the life source of your device and the last thing you need is for it to not work properly. But don’t worry because I'm here to help!

How long have you had this issue? Has there been any damage on the device? Have you tried different chargers or battery?

If you’re still having this problem send me a DM with your name and mobile number so I can further assist you.

John B

0 Likes