Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
Pyro411
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear you there, years of coverage & then a few claims & they want to drop you.

That is unacceptable by any measure.

Sadly also I've had a case open for who knows how long to merge my vzw.com account & my community account so I can actually log in here & post without logging out of my vzw.com account & doing a reset password on my community account for it to let me in.

If it weren't for my unlimited data plan that I have I'd be switching to the big blue ball right now, they have better voice quality out in this area & their coverage is about the same everywhere I go.

Also can anyone explain why there's such a pain in the butt to get a NFC Sim for my Galaxy nexus from VZW, or am I just getting the wrong reps whenever I call?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pyro411 wrote:

I hear you there, years of coverage & then a few claims & they want to drop you.

That is unacceptable by any measure.

Sadly also I've had a case open for who knows how long to merge my vzw.com account & my community account so I can actually log in here & post without logging out of my vzw.com account & doing a reset password on my community account for it to let me in.

If it weren't for my unlimited data plan that I have I'd be switching to the big blue ball right now, they have better voice quality out in this area & their coverage is about the same everywhere I go.

Also can anyone explain why there's such a pain in the butt to get a NFC Sim for my Galaxy nexus from VZW, or am I just getting the wrong reps whenever I call?

I guess I haven't had any problems with having a separate community account from the MyVerizon account. I usually never stay logged into the MyVerizon account for my line. For logging into the community, I always use the community home page and change the type of login as the community ID.

Since the Isis service is nationwide now, there shouldn't be an issue requesting a NFC SIM card. Have you tried the stores to see if they have them now?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Pyro411
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 sadly my closest Verizon Store is a 45+ minute trip away since they

closed the 2 closest stores but when I'm down that way next I'll see if

they have one.

As for my Verizon community account every time I want to log into it I have

to do a password reset -- and yes I know I'm typing my password right.

Sadly there's something wrong with my account where I can't make any

permanent modifications to it at all, and every time I try to combine both

accounts it errors out with my user/pass in use which is understandable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good news! There's no need to head into the store for an ISIS capable SIM, Pyro411. When you log into My Verizon as the Account Owner, select your phone under My Devices and then select Manage My Device. On the right side of the page, you'll see "Get NFC Secure Element SIM" to order the SIM and have it mailed straight to you. I've also brought your trouble with signing into our community forums to my manager's attention. We'll reach out to you shortly to get that taken care of once and for all.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Pyro411
Enthusiast - Level 3

JenniferH_VZW

Sadly the link you mentioned does not exist when I select my phone & ISIS

shows as it's incompatible on the Galaxy Nexus in the Google Play store.

I do know however that the GNEX does in fact have NFC & NFC Secure Element

so I wanted to replace my SIM both so my phone has it & it's out of the way

for when I do buy a new phone eventually.

Also when it comes to my 2 accounts, both use the same email & since you're

an admin you should be able to see it if they need a point of reference to

merge my 2 accounts.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@Pyro411,

I apologize you were unable to use the link we provided. The Nexus is not compatible with Isis Wallet, but it is a NFC capable device. I can place an order to have the NFC SIM card shipped to you, or you can visit a VZW store and have them place the order for you.  If you would like me to place the order, please follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message with your request.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pyro411,

I apologize for the link populating an error message, we definitely want to help you get this resolved. Please accept my follow request, follow me back and send me a Direct Message so I can further assist you. Thank you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pyro411
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problem:  Message sent.

0 Likes
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, jumped to the Moto X months ago and noticed the GNex still doesn't have 4.3.  Insane. Just insane.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Slap in the customer's face:

So ISIS is available nation wide and STILL not compatible with the Gnex... so in payment... VZW hamstrings Wallet even when ISIS WASNT available because if you hold back everyone when the starting gun goes off because you're too busy picking your nose to run the race... you can still win.

VZW sells us a NEXUS phone and BILLS IS AS SUCH... unfortunately did not TREAT it as such.  Then orphaned it nearly a year before sprint or google did.  Foot dragging kept us 6 months behind in updates.

ATT now offers a share plan for 4 phones, unlimited talk and text, and a 10 GB plan for $160/month.  Rep on phone said VZW would match at the store... called VZW store, THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!  The shill at the store said "we don't price match, we don't have that as a policy"... more lies more slaps. 

Your stupid "share everything plan" or "more this or that" or WHATEVER you call it these days ... would cost me $160 bucks JUST FOR THE FOUR PHONES AND NOTHING ELSE TO START!!!  10 GB THEN costs an extra $100/month.

On WHAT PLANET DO YOUR (removed) OF AN EXECUTIVE STAFF LIVE ON????  Your left hand doesn't know what the right is doing... I can only come to the conclusion that when someone on your phone lines tells me "X" and then the shills in the store tells me "Y" regarding the SAME TOPC that a) either you (removed) don't talk to one another or b) someone is LYING.  I don't know who, or which but I DON'T MUCH CARE ANYMORE.

You cost too much VZW and you stick it to us EVERY CHANCE YOU GET.  Either your organization is truly, unbelievably incompetent or you run by a bunch of sick, evil, sycophants, who cannot put down a coherent policy to YOUR OWN PEOPLE.

I'm angry and when my contracts are all up... if I can still get that deal on ATT... I'm gone... four lines.. .four phones... POOF... GONE!

I'VE HAD IT

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator