Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you feel this way lowenuf. I can understand your concern for having your phones updated with the latest software. We do care about our customers and want you to have the best working phone. We do a lot of testing before a software is released. We are unable to provide any information about new software until we receive it from the manufacture. We are only able to trouble-shoot any issues your phone may be having with current software  so that we can send it to our developers who also talk with our manufactures about specific issues so that we can discuss an update to fix those issues. We have options that are specific to your account and would be more than happy to review your issue, attempt to fix it, and offer options based on your needs and what we have reported. I hope this information is helpful. Continue to review our news page for updates about new products and services http://bit.ly/n5snpq .

KinquanaH_VZW

follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Leonardo77

KinquanaH_VZW said:

". We are unable to provide any information about new software until we receive it from the manufacture.

Android 4.3 was release in July.  Are you telling me google is withholding from verizon?  Or is it maybe Samsung that is holding out.  Criminy, get creative!!! You CAN come up with better excuses than that can't you?   Or maybe you should slap a lawsuit on Samsung/Google for catering to your competitors.  They seem to be getting timely updates.

Thank goodness AT&T has great coverage in my area, excellent data speed, and I only have 6 months to go!!!

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

>Comment deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

>Profanity laden post deleted. If you wish to continue to post in this Community, please take time to read and follow the<

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1011  

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
VerizonUserMike

Neither Google or Samsung is the cause of Android 4.3 being seriously delayed on Verizon.  It's Verizon's fault for having "too strict testing procedures."  Or rather, just another way of saying, Sorry we won't be offering you an updated operating system for your device (even though one is available) but if you would like to upgrade to a new device with a new contract, you will have the current OS.

I specifically switched from Sprint to Verizon to get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  The main reason being, it was supposed to be supported by Google with up to date OS.  Verizon seriously dropped the ball on this and now I will be dropping Verizon!

I would urge other Galaxy Nexus owners to consider the same.  There are much more reasonable service providers available that will support Nexus device and allow updates!  Even Sprint, after falling short for some time, pulled through and offered 4.3 on the Galaxy Nexus!  Why is Verizon holding back?  It's just frustrating their customers and they are/should loss business!!!

0 Likes
djortiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

You already said this, and the software has already been released to you

and every other carrier. So stop lying.

On Nov 11, 2013 9:58 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

"We do a lot of testing before a software is released. We are unable to provide any information about new software until we receive it from the manufacture. We are only able to trouble-shoot any issues your phone may be having with current software  so that we can send it to our developers who also talk with our manufactures about specific issues so that we can discuss an update to fix those issues. "

Just like djortiz said, that is simply a lie. You received the update months ago. Why won't you just confirm that you received the update and say your developers are working on it?  Why won't you give us an update on the status instead of constantly saying to check some stupid page which won't get updated until the new software is actually rolling out?

Why won't you tell your customers what the status is.....you haven't even confirmed that you are working on the 4.3 update even though every other carrier has already released it....including Sprint which runs the exact same technology on their network as you do, just over a different frequency.

0 Likes
mbe3204m
Enthusiast - Level 3

not sure why any of you continue to argue with verizon tech support on this.  definition of time wasted.

so for those of you who are at or near contract end dates - where can you find a GNex that will work on TMobile/ATT/other networks?  I am looking on eBay and they are still kinda pricey, especially for the 32GB version. I'm perfectly willing to go used but I will need new hardware to keep my GNex and bring it to another network, as we all know.  Problem with going Nexus 4, Nexus 5 is that I currently use a 3800mah battery and I need it; both the 4 and 5 do not have open cases.  So I'm fine sticking with the GNex a bit; definitely want stock android no matter which phone I get.  Surprised to see how expensive that phone still is.

Also, recommendations on a prepay/pay as you go/ no-contract carrier?  outside of AIO.

0 Likes
eturk001
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed mbe3204m!   Not cool to be getting emotional at the company or doing it on their forum. Vzw is pretty cool and allow any conversation. That's free market and competition. Vzw still has more LTE coverage than all the others COMBINED. I'm in a huge metro area so other network MAY work.  Doing research, be very careful with Straight Talk prepaid. Most people don't read terms of service and their HUGE TOS has "no streaming" clearly pointed out. They can terminate, you lose you phone number and remaining balance, no recourse. It you like to watch YouTube, listen to Pandora, or just stream your own music from Google Music, you may lose your contract.  Tell you what, the new Nexus 5 is gorgeous! Just feels great, solid, must more that G2. Battery being sealed does concern me but it's hardware + KitKat have my phone lasting all day with continual use where the GNex would die in 1-2 hours, especially with LTE. Buying it off Play, bill could be cut almost in half, paying for it in 6 months.  Let's see LOTS of Nexus 5 sell so Vzw wants it. All market demand.  BTW, thank you Vzw moderators for allowing open discussion of market alternatives. I think Vzw will win from being able to hear from it's customers.

0 Likes
mbe3204m
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK that went sort of off -topic.  While I signed the contract, I stream music all the time on Google Play and this should not be against Verizon's TOS, I was not aware it was.  But I'm going to continue until/unless they tell me to stop. 

I can appreciate the Nexus5 probably has better battery life, but I'm sure it still wouldn't be enough for runs that last 2 hours or more (constant GPS for that long, I'm sure the phone would die - my 3800mah battery doesn't make it through a day on long run or cycling days).  So I'll probably look for a used GNex that will work on another network so I can keep my huge battery Smiley Happy

I'm just looking for options outside of Verizon that are no-contract and where you can bring your own phone & number to the deal.  Suggestions beyond AIO & Straight Talk, then?

0 Likes