Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
mbe3204m
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would stop responding to the CSR responses, honestly.  You know where Verizon stands now; wait out your contract and then search around for a new provider.  I'd rather discuss those other options than continuing to blast the CSR's who are doing their job and use scripted responses for complaints like this.  We have 3 devices on contract and the last end date is Nov 2014.  I'm just going to be patient until it makes sense to pay the pro rated term fee on that last device then go off contract from that point forward, so I don't have to post angry messages in forums Smiley Happy

mbe3204m
Enthusiast - Level 3

btw, I am seeing my full name show up when I respond; how do you create a handle on this forum to avoid displaying your full name?

0 Likes
ChrisGramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

With this bit of news and past history (going from 4.0.+ to 4.2.2), it wouldn't surprise me if the Verizon Galaxy Nexus skips 4.3 and gets updated to 4.4.

I hope you're right, though I won't hold my breath that we'll see 4.4 before, say, 2016.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mbe3204m wrote:

btw, I am seeing my full name show up when I respond; how do you create a handle on this forum to avoid displaying your full name?

Your name is displayed to yourself and not the others. I see "mbe3204m" for your username.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lowenuf
Enthusiast - Level 3

It only shows up on your side not to everyone else.  (thought the same thing myself until I logged out.

0 Likes
Igor_K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nexus 5 just released and NOT for Verizon!

Verizon, congrats! You just lost another 4 customers!

djortiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google also announced no kK for Gnex.

0 Likes
windnwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry Ann... that won't be happening.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/older-nexus-google-play-edition-devices-get-kitkat-in-the-com...

No one knows why but I have a feeling they are tired of hearing from annoyed Verizon customers and figured the fastest way to get away from the debacle Verizon has created is to end support, though by contract I bet they are required to end support for all versions of the Galaxy Nexus and not just the Verizon version. I doubt we will ever see another Google Nexus or Play device on Verizon. Sure makes it simple to figure out what carrier I won't be using.

Verizon, due to the shoddy method of handling this you will lose my business as a customer. I'm sure one of the other providers will be happy to take our account with 80 phones.

0 Likes
ChrisGramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, once my contract is up, I'll take our two lines (says Verizon: "Pfft. Big deal!") to another carrier. My wife will enjoy her new iPhone 6 by being able to talk and surf at the same time and I'll enjoy my new Nexus 5 (or perhaps Nexus 6) with timely updates from Google.

We'll find a way to live without phone coverage in the DC Metro system's tunnels. Buh-bye!

0 Likes
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, with that news .... I just completed step 3 and bought the Google Nexus 5. Now, to figure out the right pre-paid plan. I will first try Tmobile.

1. Suspend Verizon service

2. Purchase sim card (done)

3. Purchase Nexus 5

4. Test Tmobile pre-paid plan

5. Test AT&T pre-paid (I hear AiO throttle badly)

6. Decide Nexus 5 & Pre-paid or

7. Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Developers Edition