Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

i bought my t-mobile micro sim card ...i am going to test t-mobile vs at&t vs aoi pre-paid .. just waiting for the google nexus 5 to be released ... stay tuned

bumblebeetuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a constructive way of resolving this? I'm not convinced Verizon is finished updating the phone, but who knows what's really happening. Did they forgo 4.3 to save money on 'testing'? It seems like verizon is insinuating the other carriers are careless and barely test their phones before OTAs. Let me remind you of all the signal issues the Verizon version had early on while AT&T's was just fine. Seems their stringent testing was top notch.

If you're an iPhone user I suppose Verizon is the place to be. On the other hand Android users should beware. I like many others will be leaving for a better experience. I hope the (removed) cease with their prewritten responses, it is degrading. Nexus owners probably aren't interested in your sales pitch to buy a new phone with a great heavily skinned ROM 🙂

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

bumblebeetuna
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those trying out AIO Wireless, be careful. Looks like AT&T may be wrapping AIO into their new merger of Cricket. Please do report back though how their service is though. I bet there are plenty of people here ready to upgrade to a new Nexus handset

0 Likes
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, so here is my revised strategy:

1. Suspend Verizon service

2. Purchase sim card (done)

3. Purchase Nexus 5

4. Test Tmobile pre-paid plan

5. Test AT&T pre-paid (I hear AiO throttle badly)

6. Decide Nexus 5 & Pre-paid or

7. Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Developers Edition

Dabogues
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be nice if this "Developer Edition" thing catches on...and Verizon doesn't ruin it.

NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sprint is rolling out 4.3 to the Galaxy Nexus. Guess who is last again?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/31/sprint-galaxy-nexus-getting-update-to-android-4-3-today/

Adirolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice!

But, but, but ...

How can they when the page https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mysid has not been updated to reflect that it is available?

That's a half fast attempt at humor and poking fun at someone else.

Seriously though, maybe there is hope for the Verizon flavor of the device.

Even more serious. I would like to thank the members of this community for REALLY opening my eyes in the past month to Verizon's history, the device's history, and so many valuable sources of REAL information.

I may be 'stuck' on 4.2.2, but the device is very sweet. Well, after the extended battery purchase.

THANKS ALL and 'Appy 'Alloween. Maybe we will get a treat soon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there shirke,

We truly would be saddened to see you leave. I understand that software updates keep our devices up to date and running smoothly.  Once the software is released from the manufacture we test it thoroughly to ensure that it improves your device rather then hinder it. I do not have any updates regarding software releases, but you can visit http://bit.ly/n5snpq for updates.

We still offer the nations most reliable service and fastest 4G LTE speeds and I want you to continue to experience that. I absolutely want to make sure that you have a fully functional device. Are you currently experiencing any issues with the device? Do you have the Galaxy Nexus? Anything else that has you looking to switch?

Please provide additional details. I want to see what I can do to continue our relationship for years to come.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djortiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good God Nicholas, knock it off. No one is buying it. The problem is you

aren't thoroughly testing it. We know, because a compiled 4.3 has been

running for months now.

Your other carriers are running the same version on the same phone. Drop

the CSR and insulting copy paste dialog and actually care about your

customers.

On Oct 31, 2013 12:13 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

NeedMoreCoffee wrote:

Sprint is rolling out 4.3 to the Galaxy Nexus. Guess who is last again?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/31/sprint-galaxy-nexus-getting-update-to-android-4-3-today/

With this bit of news and past history (going from 4.0.+ to 4.2.2), it wouldn't surprise me if the Verizon Galaxy Nexus skips 4.3 and gets updated to 4.4.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.