GPS turns on automatically at 15% battery life
geodude87

My brother and I both have Galaxy Nexuses and both experience the GPS turning on by it's self at 15% battery life. It started with the 4.2.2 update. I had Factory Resetted the phone and the problem initially went away but came back after a month or so. Anyone encounter this problem?

0 Likes
Re: GPS turns on automatically at 15% battery life
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do both of you have an application installed that determines the phone's location before the battery dies in the event you lost the device? I think some of the anti-virus programs have that feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
geodude87

Okay. I looked through Lookout's settings and found there was a setting. Hope it resolves it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't forget to mark the post that helped you the most as the correct answer so that others might benefit when they have the same question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its a feature called "Signal Flares". IMO, a fantastic feature because if you loose your phone and its not connected to a charger, then you can get the last location of your phone just before it dies. Its only sending a GPS location periodically so its very little battery drain.  Why would you want that feature disabled?