Fascinate won't connect to computer - Win 7
spitfire3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here it is more than a year later and I can't connect Fascinate (Android Gingerbread OS) to Windows 7 professional Dell laptop.  I've had to replace the original USB cord that came with the Fascinate but this was a problem before I lost the original.

I've tried selecting/deselcting/reselecting mass storage in USB settings.  I've tried rebooting the laptop then connecting.  Nothing.   I've tried using "ask on connection",  nothing happens.

This SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate won't connect to computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spitfire3,

We want you and your device to always stay connected, so lets get this fixed! What model Dell computer do you have? Are you receiving any specific error message? Have you been able to previously connect this device to your computer? I look forward to you response and resolving you device concerns together.

Thank you,

Georgep_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate won't connect to computer - Win 7
spitfire3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Vostro 3550. No error message. In My Computer the Samsung Fascinate

doesn't show up when it is connected via USB. Yes, I had no trouble

syncing photos, music, etc.previously. I think the problem may have arisen

after I upgraded the phone's Android version. Trouble is, I don't sync

very often and I first had a failure sometime this summer so I can't really

be precise about when the trouble arose.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
spitfire3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting for some advice from VZW post of 11/16

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there spitfire3! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I do hope that this as since been resolved, but still have a couple of ideas to share with you. First, I recommend connecting your Fascinate to a computer other than your Vostro 3550 to see if this is an issue consistent with connection in general or something specific with your PC. I also recommend getting the latest software installed to your device. One was released for distribution recently. Although it is not stated to address Mass Storage Mode specifically, it is always recommended to have the newest versions in the event that an issue occuring elsewhere on the device is having a collateral impact on this function. If you haven't gotten an update, it should arrive shortly.

Finally, you can also remove the SD card from your device and use a USB adapter to sync with your PC. It's it bit less convenient than syncing with the USB cable in Mass Storage Mode, but will still allow you to get your files moved. I have 3 adapters and love them!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes