Factory data reset after OTA Froyo update = broken exchange calendar
mcoulter

This is an odd problem.  I did the OTA froyo update and all was fine.  After reading some other forum posts about how it's best to do a facory reset after an OTA update I did that.  Well now I cannot sync my Enterprise Exchange calendar.  Exchange email is perfect, it's just the calendar that refuses to sync.  I don't get any error message, I just never see any calendar info from my account.  (I can't pull from Exchange and I can't enter new calendar appointments through the phone and see them in Exchange.)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thx!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Factory data reset after OTA Froyo update = broken exchange calendar
mcoulter

OK here I am answering my own post...

I went through 3-levels of support at verizon and then again at samsung explaining this exchange calendar problem.  End result from company's support was to use a 3rd party application (touchdown or k-9) for your calendar.

WHAT?!?!?!

I'm working with our company's account rep (this is corporate phone) to get a replacment.  It's just eye-opening that NEITHER Vz or Ss could fix this!!! 

0 Likes
samjacray

I am also having trouble syncing my Outlook Exchange calendar.  Only some of my recurring appointments show up and I cannot edit them.  This did not happen prior to the update.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
sjb44ins

Spent most of yesterday trying to get Exchange 2007 Outlook Calenar to sync.  Contacts and Mail are perfect.  Have $200 in outside tech time now plus our internal IT.  This is a bug and now Verizon wants a $35 restocking fee to return the phone and wait to purchase again when it actually might work. (Or wait for the next 4G phone that has some battery life - NOT the Thunderbolt)!  If anyone gets this figured out let Verizon and Samsung know as neither have a clue.  Gmail sync is NOT an option in my business.

0 Likes
golfladee

I, too, started having the same problem today after the Froyo update.  First I had my calendar but it was incorrect.  There were major issues with recurring appointments scheduled in Outlook.  Was advised by support to reset (deleted my outlook exchange account and reinstalled).  Afterwards, the emails and contacts are still fine, but now I have no calendar.  I have spokent to Verizon twice and Samsung Level 3 twice with no resolve.  Samsung suggests a third party calendar translator but I am not interested.  The main reason I purchased this phone was for the ease of syncing MS Outlook Calendar to phone.  Ironic that one of the advantages listed for this upgrade is to have better service with Exchange Calendar!

Someone please help.  I must have my calendar back and I really like this phone!

0 Likes