Deleting contacts from Gmail
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, now I am in need of support.

When I start typing in an email address in the gmail app, names of other people that I may have emailed in the past and who are not in my address book pop up as suggestions. Does anyone know how I can delete these people? I only want email addressesthat I have in my address book or on a one time basis to pop up, not old employers, companies, individuals, etc. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting contacts from Gmail
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

yeah I will have to peruse the site a little more because I could not find that setting. Thanks again. If anyone else has suggestions please let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been a while since I looked at something similar, but I think I found that Gmail remembers all the addresses you have received email from or replied to. There might be a setting within the Gmail account when you sign into it from the computer.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

yeah I will have to peruse the site a little more because I could not find that setting. Thanks again. If anyone else has suggestions please let me know.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Ann154 I could kiss you. I had to go in through google dashboard to contacts, and found them there. Once I deleted them from there, I power cycled my device, and they are now gone. Kudos to you!

Cheers

0 Likes