Re: Class Action
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Just trying to see how many people are interested than I will Get off my Butt and do it .!!

It also takes more than one person to file Class Action. So you have to start somewhere.

Do You have any better Ideas??

Mister Perfect O I mean Andy

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

wardcst24 wrote:

Just trying to see how many people are interested than I will get off my butt and do it! (one period and two exclamation marks? I didn't know what to do with this)

It also takes more than one person to file Class Action, so you have to start somewhere.

Do you have any better Ideas? (omitted redundant second question mark)

Mister perfect oh I mean Andy.

Alright, I'll play your game.

Before anybody will (should) take you seriously, you'll need a class action attorney to litigate on the behalf of all of us poor Verizon Fascinate owners. That attorney will probably ask you what dollar amount you wish to sue for. Well, the full retail price of the phone (which I am sure you didn't pay, instead opting for the 2 year contract price) is $599.99. We'll not include the docks, since you have a year to return those for a full refund. What other monetary damages are we looking for here? Has having a GPS that takes a few minutes to acquire a lock cost you any money? If it has, then I'd suggest to you that you plan your business meetings better.

So we'll just stick with the $599.99. How many people do you believe you can get on board with this class action lawsuit? If you're on the forums here trying to garner interest, based on the common suspects you'll find here, you have maybe 10 people that read this specific forum regularly. So assuming all of them will hop on board (they won't), $599.99 x 10 = $5,999.90. Six thousand bucks. That lawyer you picked up in step one? Yeah, he'd laugh you out of his office.

Do I have any better ideas? As a matter of fact I do. Take your phone back to the store and tell the rep that the GPS is defective and ask for a new unit. If the new unit's GPS also doesn't lock, take THAT one back and ask for a new one. After three go-rounds with this, say that the GPS is CLEARLY defective on all of these phones, request a new phone of equal value, and be on your merry way.

Either that or just wait till your phone gets the software update that fixes your GPS, which admittedly should have been Monday, but wouldn't be surprised if we see it sometime next week. Or if you REALLY can't wait, that update is floating around on the internet right now if you can find it. I'd link it myself, except that is a violation of the Terms of Service, and I really hate it when the Moderators edit my posts.

Oh, and I never claimed to be perfect. Just WAY smarter than you, sir. 

- Andy

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

If you used half the negative energy you are wasting on this  for good .

You Might Be A lot Happier!

O and if we were all as SMART as You Verizon Would Be Out of Business

They could not sell mental telepathy

Andy - Andy

Where you in TOY STORY 3

OMG it's Andy :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

wardcst24 wrote:

If you used half the negative energy you are wasting on this  for good .

You Might Be A lot Happier!

O and if we were all as SMART as You Verizon Would Be Out of Business

They could not sell mental telepathy

Andy - Andy

Where you in TOY STORY 3

OMG it's Andy :smileyvery-happy:

Oh holy xiet. My head just exploded.

0 Likes
BuckeyeNut

It is SO funny that you can go to any community forum for an electronic device and find someone calling for a class action lawsuit!! 

Seriously wonder how old you are with a comment about Andy and Toy Story 3!  I am sure Verizon would love to face you in court!

0 Likes
Re: Class Action Filed
yoworm

It finnaly happened class action lawsuit filed against Samsung and T-Mobile.  Please see link below maybe it can become one big class action to include the other providers Sprint, AT&T and of course Big Red.

http://androidcommunity.com/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-t-mobile-and-samsung-over-lack-of-fro...

0 Likes
yoworm

Here you go a link to another suit maybe this will help you get started good luck.

http://androidcommunity.com/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-t-mobile-and-samsung-over-lack-of-fro...

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Has anyone attempted to return their phone?  You can return a phone.  First you have the 30 day worry-free; then you have the warranty.  That is a lot cheaper for you and more expensive for Samsung.  They probably have to buy them back from Verizon.

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is a news article with some pretty disturbing information. Is it possible Samsung is doing the same thing with Verizon? i.e Samsung has Froyo ready but aren't giving it to Verizon?

http://androidspin.com/2011/01/12/breaking-t-mobile-internals-confirm-samsung-is-holding-the-android...

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Oh what the heck lets just sue everyone, samsung vzw and everyone on this forum and Im sure nothing will happen except being laughed out of court. Stay cool and hopefully it will all work out

0 Likes