Re: Can't update to 4.0.4
TURNandBURN13

My phone is now doing this too.  It says that 4.0.2 is the most updated version.  This is actually better than it trying to update my phone and not updating.  From what I've read about the update it seems very meager anyways.

0 Likes
Offutlake
Enthusiast - Level 2

I emailed Verizon Wireless about this update failure, they emailed me back, and I just got off the phone with them (800-922-0204, option 3).  I believe I was finally talking to a member of the Tier Two Tech Team.  They have not received many calls about this issue (so those of us with the problem must be very special), but they identified the problem as a path error in the start-up protocol (whatever that means) - that cannot be fixed.  They consider this a Samsung warranty issue and will overnight a replacement Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  The replacement SGN will come with the old 4.0.2 ICS that will need to be updated ... so keep your fingers crossed.  (I'll update this string if the replacement does not update correctly.)  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
andyjg13

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they're sending me a replacement as well. My phone even failed to do a master reset, it froze at the Google screen again.

0 Likes
TURNandBURN13

Yeah it was doing this to me when I did factory reset or try to go to recovery mode.  It sounds like I'll have to either do some modification of the phone or send it in for a replacement.

0 Likes