Camera Flash Not Working
kpoyner

I take several pictures with my phone. Suddenly, my camera flash is not working, it simply won't flash! It was working yesterday morning, and now I can't get it to do anything. I've tried removing the battery, resetting camera settings, turning flash on/off.....

Can anyone please help???

0 Likes
Re: Camera Flash Not Working
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello kpoyner

It is very upsetting when our phones don't work the way they are supposed to. Let's work together and get that camera feature fixed.

Did this start after a particular application was downloaded? If so please remove and retest. Is the device set on Auto flash? Please set the flash to on. Is there a case on the device that is interfering with the camera flash on the back of the device?

Another great troubleshooting step is place the device in safe mode and retest. Here's a link that shows how to place the device in Safe Mode. Does the flash work in Safe mode? If so the problem may be may be caused by a downloaded application.

Please back up your device and then hard reset the device. Here's how to hard reset the device:

Hard Reset:Allows to reset device back to factory settings.

Factory Reset option 1 
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

Factory Reset option 2  -Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down keys and the Power button simultaneously. When the Samsung logo appears, release only the Power button.
  3. Display will show: 
    1. Reboot system Now
    2. Apply sdcard:update.zip
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
  4. From the Recovery screen, press the Volume down key to select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", press home icon to select option and wipe device.
  5. Display shows "All user data will be wiped out", press VOLUME Up to continue or VOLUME Down to exit.
  6. Press Volume Up
  7. Press Home to select "Reboot System Now" - device will reboot 

Let me know if this helps, If not I can further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

0 Likes