Black screen while on a call
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

What can be done about when on a call the screen goes black and you cant see how long your on or cannot text or see if you get messages while talking. My Env Touch I could be talking using bluetooth and send and receive text at same time. Fasinate goes black and thats it, your on the phone call and nothing else, can anyone say if I can and how to do both? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black screen while on a call
JoshuaYP

roachman55 wrote:

What can be done about when on a call the screen goes black and you cant see how long your on or cannot text or see if you get messages while talking. My Env Touch I could be talking using bluetooth and send and receive text at same time. Fasinate goes black and thats it, your on the phone call and nothing else, can anyone say if I can and how to do both? Thanks.

actually if you put your phone next to your ear, the screen goes black then when you put the phone's screen facing up on your hand, it should show your calling screen with options... and if you are using bt device, I think you can just press the unlock button and do the stuff... did you try?

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried everything, holding up to light and pressing volume buttons and the all of thr front and nothing. If I tap the power button it hangs up on them so this is weird why I cannot do anything but talk

0 Likes
JoshuaYP

I think the best would be taking your phone and BT device to a close VZW store and ask for tech support, cuz maybe it's the compatibility problem or maybe the phone itself got some defects... who knows...

Since I don't use BT device... kills the battery... I just use the samsung earbuds/mic for galaxy S (bought recently from vzw store)and works perfectly normal... no black screen on calls, immediate wake up when facing it up...

0 Likes
skier

I've had my Facinate for 5 days and sometimes the keyboard will reappear as I hold the phone level and other times it just goes black and I can only turn it back on for a few seconds with the on/off key.  I'm really frustrated when I'm trying to use the keypad to enter a password for voice mail or other commands that needs the keypad.  Does anyone know how to extend the backlighting or keep the keypad on?

0 Likes
JoshuaYP

skier wrote:

I've had my Facinate for 5 days and sometimes the keyboard will reappear as I hold the phone level and other times it just goes black and I can only turn it back on for a few seconds with the on/off key.  I'm really frustrated when I'm trying to use the keypad to enter a password for voice mail or other commands that needs the keypad.  Does anyone know how to extend the backlighting or keep the keypad on?

go to settings -> sounds & display -> scroll down and hit in "screen timeout"

hope this helps ^^

0 Likes
skier

Thanks for attempted help.  I tried increasing the screen time out and also turning off the power saver mode and neither of these are helping keep the key pad lit up.  Could I have a faulty phone or does anyone else have any solutions?

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set my time out for 30 minutes and it went black in less than a minute

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think they must be made that way, same here tried what you did and it goes black

0 Likes
RickBNA

The Other's have answered your question, but I have an unsolicited comment RE: "you cant see how long your on or cannot text or see if you get messages while talking"

1) Upgrade your plan if you are worried about minutes

2) Can't text and carry on a convo at the same time? Really?...RUDE

3) Can't tell if you have a message while in a convo? Do the "caller" a favor and hang up because you are obviously NOT into the phone call.

0 Likes