Re: Battery Charge Not Happening Consistantly With Gingerbread
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

JohnB_VZW wrote:

@KISSman,

I'm sorry to hear you are having charging issue with your Fascinate after the SW update. You may have to perform a hard reset on your phone. Sometimes a hard reset is needed after a software update. This should help with the charging issue you are experiencing. 

If after the hard reset you are still having the same charges issues, please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you.

I Have 3 Fascinates 2 are active one is not

They all do it on the one that is not active I did a factory hard reset and it is still doing it even though there have been 0 apps installed

My point is it is the problem is in the firmware  eh03

The problem did not exist in the ed05 firmware

It is a firmware not hardware problem and my battery's are fine

PLEASE GET SAMSUNG TO FIX PLEASE

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

KISSman wrote:

@SFObrien  Is there an actual tweak for this issue specifically or does the fix require a full install of GB?  Not looking for specifics, but just a general sense if the issue itself has been isolated.  I know what fixing it will likely require, but just wondering if it's a targeted fix or elaborate fix that will do many things.

The fix is actually part of another process.  Sent you a PM with a little more information.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

JohnB_VZW wrote:

@KISSman,

I'm sorry to hear you are having charging issue with your Fascinate after the SW update. You may have to perform a hard reset on your phone. Sometimes a hard reset is needed after a software update. This should help with the charging issue you are experiencing. 

If after the hard reset you are still having the same charges issues, please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you.

I Have 3 Fascinates 2 are active one is not

They all do it on the one that is not active I did a factory hard reset and it is still doing it even though there have been 0 apps installed

My point is it is the problem is in the firmware  eh03

The problem did not exist in the ed05 firmware

It is a firmware not hardware problem and my battery's are fine

PLEASE GET SAMSUNG TO FIX PLEASE

EXACTLY !

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Plugged in when I went to bed about 10 pm left it on charger all night but was streaming music

looked in the morining and it said 100% charged unplugged charger checked battery and it was only 4% Charged

Please get Samsung to fix there Firmware

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue. I can understand how this would be a frustrating issue to have the phone stop "trickle" charging. I will forward this information to our product team so that we can investigate along with Samsung to resolve this issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue. I can understand how this would be a frustrating issue to have the phone stop "trickle" charging. I will forward this information to our product team so that we can investigate along with Samsung to resolve this issue. 

Thank you, 

Thank You

0 Likes
Fred_Chopin_II

I wonder if the battery charging issue is associated with rapid drain of the battery in normal use.  I posted on a different thread about runaway processes occuring after the update to Gingerbread

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Battery-life-after-update-to-Gingerbread-on-Samsung-Fa...

and I forgot to mention that a side effect of fixing that was that the charging speed increased.  I get full 100% charges now, and the phone runs all day in reasonable use (email, texts, calls) and is still at around 70% by bedtime.

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Plugged in when I went to bed about 10 pm left it on charger all night but was streaming music

looked in the morining and it said 100% charged unplugged charger checked battery and it was only 4% Charged

Please get Samsung to fix there Firmware

Excellent way of proving this and I will try to confirm mine is doing the same. I definitely feel like my phone is not trickle charging when it should be.

0 Likes
KISSman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, MarquiaF.  This is my only issue with the Gingerbread update.  If this is somehow resolved, I would be happy with the update and the phone itself.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Thank you, 

Is there any news on a fix yet??

Thanks

0 Likes