Application Icons
maestro

Is there a way to delte the icons that appear on the applications page?  There are many that I do not use or want and do not want them to take up the real estate.  Worst case - Can I rearrange them so I put the ones I don't use at the end?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Application Icons
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

With some third party launcher like ADW or Launcher Pro from the market you can hide unused apps or make different catalogs of apps.  However, this will replace your homescreens as well and you will not be able to use most of the features that TouchWiz enables.  Also, if you have installed any apps from the market and you are no longer using them, its a good idea to uninstall them, just to clean up your phone a little.  Unfortunately, any apps included with the factory software cannot be uninstalled without taking drastic measures.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

With some third party launcher like ADW or Launcher Pro from the market you can hide unused apps or make different catalogs of apps.  However, this will replace your homescreens as well and you will not be able to use most of the features that TouchWiz enables.  Also, if you have installed any apps from the market and you are no longer using them, its a good idea to uninstall them, just to clean up your phone a little.  Unfortunately, any apps included with the factory software cannot be uninstalled without taking drastic measures.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

maestro wrote:

Is there a way to delte the icons that appear on the applications page?  There are many that I do not use or want and do not want them to take up the real estate.  Worst case - Can I rearrange them so I put the ones I don't use at the end?

I like the app called All Apps Organizer in which you can move and create folders for yours apps. Take a look at it, I am sure you will like it. As for deleting the apps that came with your phone, you are unable to do that unless you do the activity that verizon doesn't want you to do. You can also move that apps around like I did, so that my apps I d/l are on the first 2 screens and the rest of the bloatware are on the other screens
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately those are some of the things that the carriers lock on devices.  The only way to get rid of what is called bloat is to use unsuggested ways.  Good thing some of them only take up a little space, but still if you don't want them you should have the choice of removing them in my opinion.

0 Likes
FB13

I installed ALL APPS but don't know how to use it.

How do I MOVE an icon into one of the Categories?

Thanks!

0 Likes