ARRGGGG Gingerbread update - Phone keeps turning off!!!
homesmd

All was well until I updated to Gingerbread. Now my phone either turns itself off and restarts or goes into a black sceen which can only be recovered by removing the battery or while in the middle of a conversation I will get the Verizon startup jingle playing in my ear ....I never lose the call but I can no longer hear the other person though they can hear me saying "Hello? Hello? Hello?".....Grrrrr Verizon/Samsung

And I'm almost positive that Verizon's solution will be to reset the phone to the factory settings, which quite honestly is a pain and instead up feeling like you have upgraded, you feel that you've taken a step backwards....losing information and having to reinstall your apps.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I love being a beta tester!!!!

0 Likes
Re: ARRGGGG Gingerbread update - Phone keeps turning off!!!
haw4

I had the exact same problem. I did a hard reset, and nothing. I got a replacement in the mail today, and I'm having the exact same issue again! I'm so frustrated.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Did you install any Market apps on the replacement phone ?

Very well could be an incompatability with an app and GB..android 2.3.

If yes, try starting the phone in 'safe' mode and see if it works OK

or uninstall all market app and use phone for a couple days to see

if it now works OK.

Then reinstall one app at a time, use phone awhile before installing next app.

When phone breaks, thats the offending app.

0 Likes
homesmd

??? I don't have a replacement phone??? I updated my original phone via the Verizon network to Gingerbread.....afterwards I installed one app from the marketplace.....the marketplace vets the apps depending on your version of the operating system. 

0 Likes
purplepolly

My Fascinate upgraded to Gingerbread this afternoon and since then it has been restarting itself every 3 minutes!! I have not installed any new apps since it upgraded. My boyfriend is also having the same problem since he upgraded this afternoon! This is ridiculous! Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your feedback after the Gingerbread update. Since there are several people having this same issue, I would like to submit feedback to our product team for this issue. Can you please send me a PM with your MEID, software & baseband version, and how often this happens? Those can be found in Settings>About phone. I only need a few examples, so just the people that have already posted in the forum please PM me. Once we have a product issue submitted, our product team will work with Samsung to duplicate then resolve this issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes