Replacing a LG-VK810 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. 4G LTE SIM card issue?
Serf6666

Replacing a LG-VK810 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Need to know if the sim card will be an issue or not. Can I transfer my old 4G LTE SIM card into the Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacing a LG-VK810 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. 4G LTE SIM card issue?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes

0 Likes
Serf6666

I waited a while for a reply and decided to do a chat. The rep told me I have to get a new sim card.

I wished I would'ved asked her what are the steps it takes if I want to sell my old device. If I sell it will the imei number be clean for the next user? I will of course remove my sim card and save it so no one else can use it.

If the number is flawed how would I fix that for resell? The tablet works fine its just android updates have stopped and many apps won't work with it now. I would scrub the whole device before I sold it.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Oh, both of those tablet models use the same SIM card type (micro) based on their specifications.

Yeah you’ll definitely want to factory reset your old tablet to clear it out. Other than that you’ll be good to do with it what you wish.

The only ways you’d run into issues selling it would be if the old tablet was still active on your account, or if you hadn’t finished out or paid off any service contract, device payment agreement for the tablet, or if your account happened to become disconnected for non payment but it definitely doesn’t sound like that would be the case in your situation. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for visiting our community member forum, Serf6666. We know it's always important to know about your options when it comes to getting a new device. It will be our pleasure to help. You would need a new SIM card for either the Galaxy Tab A 8 or 10.5, which would come with the device. As deloused mentions, you would be able to sell the old device as long as it is paid off and your account is in good standing at the time you activate your new tablet. You can also possibly trade it in through us if you wish. Our Trade-In site can be accessed here if you'd like to review how our process works: http://spr.ly/6608EwBFw As you mentioned, you would just want to wipe the device before selling it. You can see those steps here: http://spr.ly/6609EwBFb After that, you can just cut your old SIM card with a shear or crush or fold it over, and then discard it. Does this information help? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Serf6666

You're saying the box already has a SIM card in it? I didn't see it but to be honest I only charged it up and placed it in a hard case and put a screen protector on it. I will go through the box after work and if I find it will cancel my appointment with Verizon. Replying sooner I might have caught this sooner. Be great if the box already has what I need.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Serf6666, sorry for the delay. 

In order for the tablet to work on our network, the SIM would need to be inserted. Please let us know if you are able to locate the SIM. 

http://spr.ly/6601EwERW

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Serf6666

Its a 3rd party device I bought on ebay with a clean imei. The device had her old card in it. I made an apponitment at verizon and the gay guy used a device to quickly swap the lines and install a new sim card in the new device. Took 10 min and everything was working properly.

He was a bit clumsy geting the device out of the hard case to install the sim card. Didn't need to take the silicone backing off and he broke a top tab. No big deal though. Just made it a little easier to open the next time.

After he put it back together and made sure all the silicone was pushed back into the hard cover and cleaned the prints off the screen.

0 Likes