New tablet missing older text messages
MBrown1003
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just moved to a Samsung tablet from an ASUS Zenpad.  I installed and configured Message+.  Most of my conversations were restored, but I have one large one with messages going back many months.  Most of the history is missing.

I also tried using SMS Backup to save the messages from my phone, but the Samsung tablet (using the same app) doesn't recognize the backup file, so I can't restore the messages.

Looking for help to...

1.  Retrieve the messages within Message+

2. Use SMS Backup (or another app) to backup the messages on my Pixel phone and restore them on my Samsung tablet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New tablet missing older text messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Might be related to the Message+ sync'ing issues currently being reported/discussed by a dozen or more threads.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MBrown1003
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is that the Message+ archive only holds the last 90 days of messaging.  The thread I'm looking at goes back much longer than that.

I've tried using app SMS Backup to create a backup on my phone (which has the history), but the same app doesn't seem to work to restore the backup onto the tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new tablet. I definitely understand why transferring older texts is important. We always want to make sure you have the options you need, and we'll be glad to help.

If Content Transfer is compatible with both the Samsung tablet and ASUS Zenpad, then that would be the way to go.
Here's where we 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.contenttransfer&hl=en

The Content Transfer app allows a transfer of personal media (photos/videos/music) as well as contacts, call logs, and text messages from your old device to a new one.

One installed on each device here are the steps to complete: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/smart-setup/android-android/transfer/
Let us know your results.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
MBrown1003
Enthusiast - Level 2

The app is not compatible with my Samsung tablet.

0 Likes