My Galaxy Tab A tablet has a phone number associated. Is there anyway I can use it as a phone?
umartma

My Galaxy Tab A tablet has a phone number associated. Is there anyway I can use it as a phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy Tab A tablet has a phone number associated. Is there anyway I can use it as a phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. 

The phone number associated with the tablet is the identifier of the line of service and isn't a voice line. The tablet itself doesn't have the necessary hardware or software to make a voice call. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Galaxy Tab A tablet has a phone number associated. Is there anyway I can use it as a phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most use out of your tablet is important to completing daily tasks. Ann154 is correct, the tablet itself is not capable of operating voice calls. You can download and utilize 3rd party apps like Verizon Messages or Skype to make calls over cellular data and Wi-Fi. Here is a link to more details online: https://www.verizonwireless.com/articles/how-to-use-your-tablet-as-a-phone/ 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes