Android Nougat 7.1.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab E
PRS2ARCHANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see that US Cellular has released Android Nougat 7.1.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab E.  Is Verizon / Samsung going to be doing so as well since they have given away a ton of these tablets??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android Nougat 7.1.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is up to Samsung to decide whether or not to update the software OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PRS2ARCHANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, Let's try this again...

Samsung HAS released the upgrade to all the major carriers.  The baseband version for Verizon's SM-T377V Android Nougat 7.1.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab E (8.0) will be T377VVRU1APB1.

US Cellular let their's out into the wild already - What is Verizon sitting on???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it hasn't been released to Verizon Wireless. It would have been available for download if it was. Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code. Samsung writes it all. Different teams work on different devices and at different speeds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PRS2ARCHANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

The information I provided came directly from Samsung.  Why would they lie and give me some bogus baseband version number? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
PRS2ARCHANGEL, 

We know how important it is to have your device on the latest software update. Click here so you can find what version your device should be on: http://spr.ly/658984fB7 .

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
PRS2ARCHANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well look what dropped today 🙂  Look, in all fairness, I am relatively new to the community, and I do not have "Double Diamond" status like you.  Point is, if you are going to be a viable member of the community, do the proper research before you reply.

Verizon - Thank you for putting out the Android 7.1.1 upgrade for the Galaxy Tab E after your inspection!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The information I provided two days ago was correct. It hadn't been released at that time. It was released on 10/05/2017.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was released with a different version number than what you claimed.

Software Version: NMF26X.T377VVRU1CQH9

Android Security Patch Level: 2017-08-01

0 Likes