will the s5 access an email account using ssl?
svoor

My S5 will access an open pop account on the verizon mail servers from the Galaxy with no problem.  My verizon business account is using ssl with different port numbers and consistently returns authentication failed when adding this account.  Most recently, I have tried deleting the open pop account and rebooting the phone before trying to add the business account but still the 'auth failed' is the result.  Any ideas?  Steve

0 Likes
Re: will the s5 access an email account using ssl?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svoor,

Let's get your business e-mail account working so that you can continue to utilize all of the wonderful features available on the S5!

Have you ever had access to your business e-mail account on this device? Do you have the incoming and outgoing server settings for this e-mail account? You may need to add the Enterprise server feature on your account to allow for business e-mail accounts which is available for a separate monthly cost. In addition, I would reach out to your employers IT team for any further requirements to set this e-mail account up.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

pop email is setup automatically when you enter login & password.

going back to my droid x, t-bolt & s3....both pop & smtp servers required ssl & authentication.

0 Likes
svoor

I have access to the account using a web browser on the G5.  Yes I have the settings for the account, I use them daily on a laptop.  The settings are the same as those displayed when declaring SSL (default) unless VZwireless is hitting a different set of servers than the landline side.  I'd be the closest thing to an IT dept in my 4 person company.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

smtp 587 or 465  pop3 995  ??