why is 4G LTE extender not compatible with samsung phones greater than s8?
andapanda
Enthusiast - Level 1

why does one area on Verizon site state the extender works with all 4G phones, but the compatibility checker fails to ok use for my s9 and s10 phones?  Additionally, my street seems to be OUTSIDE all verizon antennas on the map.  I only have at best 1 bar of service and calls drop if I walk around inside.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why is 4G LTE extender not compatible with samsung phones greater than s8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andapanda, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing signal issues at your residence. Though we are never able to guarantee indoor coverage, we certainly want to do all that is possible to provide that service. Has this always been the case at this location or is this something that has changed? In reference to the Network Extender, yes, they are compatible with all 4G devices. However, as the newer models like your S9 and the S10 also offer HD Calling, this is another alternative without the need of a Network Extender. With the HD Calling, or Wi-Fi Calling, you would simply ensure that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi in the Settings and turn the Wi-Fi Calling switch on. For many customers this is a great option without the need for additional equipment. Please give this a try at your home and let us know if you still experience issue with your calls. LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andapanda, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing signal issues at your residence. Though we are never able to guarantee indoor coverage, we certainly want to do all that is possible to provide that service. Has this always been the case at this location or is this something that has changed? In reference to the Network Extender, yes, they are compatible with all 4G devices. However, as the newer models like your S9 and the S10 also offer HD Calling, this is another alternative without the need of a Network Extender. With the HD Calling, or Wi-Fi Calling, you would simply ensure that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi in the Settings and turn the Wi-Fi Calling switch on. For many customers this is a great option without the need for additional equipment. Please give this a try at your home and let us know if you still experience issue with your calls. LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
epup42
Enthusiast - Level 1

WiFi calling was a poor solution at best and has gotten worse. This is my experience with S9 and S10... The phone will only switch to using WiFi when there is _no_ cellular signal. In my house, the signal is around -110dBm, LTE. That's more than nothing, so the phone still insists on using the Cellular network for incoming and outgoing calls and text messages. In reality that's not enough for anything, so my phone might as well be a paperweight. When I walk to the mailbox I get a bunch of text messages and voicemail notifications. In the past I could get around this broken logic by switching Airplane Mode ON and then turning WiFi on again. It was a pain because I'd always forget to turn Airplane OFF when leaving the house, but it worked. That stopped working a while ago after a security update. I am once again looking into options for the extender and found this thread because I also am befuddled that VZW _still_ lists S9/S10 as not compatible.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
epup42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also note... I just read the entire "Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2" page again at the VZW online store, and now at the bottom it actually states "All 4G devices are compatible with this network extender." Thinking I'm going to give this thing a try.

0 Likes
jimgreen1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

did this ever get this to work 

/

0 Likes