wet phone

I have a Galaxy S6 and it recently got wet. Does putting it in a bag of rice really work ????? Can I use the SD card in my Galaxy S5 ???

Thanks Tom

0 Likes
Re: wet phone
bearone21
Legend

try it before powering it up.

i don't think the sd cards are compatible!

0 Likes
Re: wet phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear that your phone has gotten wet, 4477. Dry rice can help pull moisture from your device. With regard to the SD card, a Galaxy S5 has the ability to use a memory card, however an S6 does not. Are you referring to the SIM card to reactivate service on your S5 instead? If so, the S5 uses a different type of SIM card. We can provide a replacement SIM card for free in a Verizon retail store or we can ship one to you.

Do you happen to have insurance on your phone? If so, you can file an insurance claim with Asurion here: http://bit.ly/2nXahS0 . You are also welcome to upgrade to a new phone of your choosing if you prefer. We can provide a replacement immediately in store or you can place your order in My Verizon. Does this help?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes