Re: uconnect
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

In my case the manuals can only be ordered through Chrysler at no charge. They don't have them with the new vehicles.

Chrysler, anyway. Many manufacturers still include the owner's manual in book form, such as Toyota(2011), Subaru(2015) and Audi(2014).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey thanks for posting that Big E,  I was able to pull it in to were I can read it my eye's like it when I can pull up things close these days, It's nice to have it on Disk,  but if you don't have a DVD player ya kind out of luck. It would be neat if Chrysler had it available on PDF then you could just pull it up on one of your Devices..

0 Likes
Not applicable

That may be true as far as the manuals. But since the original poster was wondering about uConnect on a Dodge (Chrysler-Fiat) having an issue connecting his cellular device the problem is the full uconnect manual can only be ordered. which I think is total craziness.

And if they are charging for the manuals I would say its a good assumption that Chrysler is not giving firmware updates either for free.

Amazing Armory did not have for free, but the new Lia dealership said they update at no charge. (Firmware only) but I suspect this is just for the cars PCM firmware update. Maps you pay for. Good thing the OP did not want them.

d1huss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elector,

When you updated your maps and new firmware, what version did the firmware update to. I am currently running v50.00.07 and my maps are at least 2 years old or older.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hopefully this is the right numbers. I took a photo.

N 1345 4.5.3 (Navigation database)

And under system information:

Software:

Application 2.600

Database: HRT5-N 1345 4.5.3

Gracenotes: 4118

SDS: 237246

Hardware:

Serial number: you would have a different number.

System: 6847 001 4.8

Sirius: you would have different number.

That is all I can find off my cars computer.

Hope it helps.

d1huss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I turned my radio off, yes OFF, and made an outgoing call with the Samsung S5. Once the phone started to ring, the Uconnect system came on and picked up the call, broadcast it over the truck speakers and showed the call on the screen. Everything work perfect. I then tried a voice command call with the radio off, the Uconnect system came on and everything worked perfect. I turned the radio ON, tried a voice call and it failed as usual. Crazy!!! So for now, my work around is to turn the radio off when I want to make an outgoing call.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is really strange. Did you check on another firmware update? I am totally lost on how this uconnect functions. Very confusing.

beckywing

Since I got my Galaxy S4 and made the first software upgrade, I have experienced the same issue. Either using the phone or via voice, after the first couple of minutes of reconnecting to the Bluetooth, when I dial out, it rings twice and then cuts off at the Bluetooth, and shows call ended. However, the phone is still holding the call, but I am unable to speak to the person who picks up on the other end.

I am up to date on my software upgrades for Uconnect. The Uconnect "service" team states that it is a Verizon/Sprint issue as other carriers work. The Galaxy S 4 in the Uconnect site does not show support for 4.4.2, but the Galaxy S5 does show that Uconnect supports 4.4.2.

I was asking Uconnect for a refund of what I paid for the Bluetooth as I had the dealer install it. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes, I hung up.

Verizon - please step up to the plate and take ownership for this issue. If other carriers work and Verizon and Sprint do not, it does point to being a carrier issue. I was unhappy enough with the feeling of being raped with my last contract, please don't push me over the edge to take my four phones to a carrier that will work with my car.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon/Sprint have nothing to do with your phone working in your car. That is a Samsung or other device makers problem.

In fact nothing in your cell phone contract other than a connection to the cellular and data network is what Verizon supplies. Nothing else.

According to uconnect my iphones are not supposed to work, but they both do. My wife's LG G2 connects perfectly after the OS update.

My take is bring it to the dealership have them attempt to connect to your car. I had to pay for my firmware update and my car is brand new. Go figure.

What I found is you must unpair the phones saved in uconnect. Then repair them back and see if that fixes the issue.

Also not knowing if it makes any difference Sprint/Verizon are CDMA carriers. AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM carriers.

Good Luck

tsmithone

I have the same problem in my 2014 Jeep  Uconnect says they are waiting for an update from Verizon.  I have been bounced back and forth as neither company seems to want to take ownership.

0 Likes