transfer issue due to weak signal
DERSIEDOG

how can I transfer contacts, photos etc from Galaxy S5 to a Galaxy S7 when my signal is too weak?

0 Likes
Re: transfer issue due to weak signal
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Take a look at the Samsung Smart Switch app. I believe it supports both wired - via a USB cable connected to both devices, obviously - and wireless transfer.

When I upgraded from my S5 to my S7 I had the two devices connected together via USB and not sure exactly how it all started. The Verizon employee got the process going and I left the store while it was still completing. I had a LOT of data to transfer. Regardless, I believe Samsung Smart Switch should work via a USB cable but if not then check in with your local Verizon store. Someone there should be able to help you out.

bearone21
Legend

get to someplace where there's a stronger network signal or better wi-fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DERSIEDOG, we know how important it is to be able to transfer your personal information from one phone to another. We are here to help. We do not suggest doing this with Cellular service, since transferring media can use a lot of data.

Transferring using Verizon Cloud on Wi-Fi is always a great option. Have you tried using the Samsung Smart Switch? Here is a link to Samsung that shows how to process the switch http://bit.ly/2ApeY98

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes