Re: to summarize the lollipop mess
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

GalaxyClass, I did the factory reset, things seem to be back to normal, but I guess time till tell. I'll do further test this afternoon to ensure S5 operability.

0 Likes
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Customer Support - I did an S5 factory reset 2 Apr, so once the phone re-booted itself it may have added the software update fix, so far functions are normal. There was an update in the que, prior to the reset, just not sure what it was.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Speakit!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and thanks for the update! We're here if you need us.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Nismom
Enthusiast - Level 1

LOL I like how VZN "customer service" acts so surprised that everyone HATES LolliFLOP, as if they didn't know they completely screwed everybody.

cinbun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked for the update fix and updated it a few weeks ago.  Prior to that I had done the cache clearing that others have advised and that had made a difference. The update fix seems to have helped on some days, but very little on others.  It's obviously not having an impact on certain apps, but I can make it through a whole day.  Not as much battery life as prior to the original update, however.  I never even thought about battery life before that.

My main concern now is that I've been told by two people in the last week that they sent texts I never received. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Cinbun,

We want to see you issue free with this recent update. Do you find that the messages you have missed have any correlation? LIke them being on the same carrier or using the same operating system? Besides the two texts, have you noticed any others noting that you missed one of their text? Are you having any issues sending out texts?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Byogesh

Screenshot_2015-05-09-15-01-01.pngScreenshot_2015-05-15-18-19-46.png

Besides heating up, battery drain and sluggish phone...my phone started giving me these problems...Not sure how to solve these...clearing cache was no help...not sure if factory reset's going to help

0 Likes
Kennyb6494
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to get the "Recovery Booting" to come up using that method.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Byogesh,
We don't want to see you with continued issues with your device. It sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. It is recommended that you perform a factory reset and not download any apps to your phone until you have tested to see if these issues keep re-occurring. Click for steps http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/
SandyS_VZW
0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Bought phone July 2014. Worked fine until January 2015, immediate issues after the lollipop update was installed. Took me a month to convince Verizon there were issues. February 2015, I get replacement #1. It was still on kitkat, worked for little under a month no problems. Then it auto-updated itself. Same Problems late March 2015/ early April 2015 I get the #2 replacement. Phone Arrives with lollipop pre-installed, immediate issues. Verizon sent me to Samsung for repairs. Samsung did their repair. Came back same problems.

Problems:

Battery Drain- with the slightest use 4-6 hours

Wifi- Unstable, Authorization takes 6 tries with the right password put it, Disconnects repeatedly

Bluetooth- Unstable or garbled

PC- Won't Connect, or Dings but won't recognize drivers

Freezing, Contacts crashing, Graphical glitches, huge lag spikes, group text messaging delays.

Yes, I've done every troubleshooting Verizon and Samsung have given. It has not fixed a thing. I even have a sticky of all the things  I've tried so when they ask me that question repeatedly it's a copy paste.

Original Charge, Wall Outlet, Safe Mode no change, Power Saver No Change, No SD card in the phone, Factory Reset, No 3RD Party Apps, Alternate Battery tried no change, alternate charging cord tried. SIGNAL STRENGTH -95 dBm, 45 asu,

A week after repairs.... Lastly I put my SD card in, because it stuff I needed and I figured why not nothing else is working.

11051798_10153274132604693_6241953827405335756_o.jpg11270358_10153274131614693_1321822534426049307_o.jpg11267543_10153275049574693_3629171454848920421_o.jpg11037571_10153274130744693_246347934031950068_o.jpg

0 Likes