taking this phone to Dubai for one week...
mcoffin1

spent time with verizon people on phone. first, they said my phone is global ready. they said with wifi in hotel, I could use it for calls, texts, and email. However, no one seems to have info about how to charge the phone in Dubai...don't know if the galaxy s3 is dual voltage capable, etc. Any one already used this phone in Dubai? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
TN-Howard
Enthusiast - Level 3

I carry my own.  It's a "universal" adapter -- looks a bit Rube Goldbergish, but it works for Europe, UK, and Asia.  I actually take 2 -- one for the laptop and one for the other stuff.

Hotels are hit or miss.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: taking this phone to Dubai for one week...
TN-Howard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know what the voltage is in Dubai, but the charger should have the input voltages listed on it (in tiny little letters).  Mine works fine in Europe on 220V.

You will need an adapter for the plug.

0 Likes
Re: taking this phone to Dubai for one week...
mcoffin1

Thanks... I checked the plug on my charger and it is stamped "100-220V", so I suspect it will work fine. Dubai uses 220V. As for the plug adapter, do you carry your own or rely on hotels there to have a loaner? I've seen a few hotels in Dubai advertise both "115V and 220V" receptacles for charging. Thanks again for your response.

0 Likes
TN-Howard
Enthusiast - Level 3

I carry my own.  It's a "universal" adapter -- looks a bit Rube Goldbergish, but it works for Europe, UK, and Asia.  I actually take 2 -- one for the laptop and one for the other stuff.

Hotels are hit or miss.

0 Likes