Re: sound equalizer not working after system update G920VVRU4DQL1
stef7
Master - Level 2

Oh well. It was worth a try. Next stop, backing up your content and performing the Factory Device Reset, aka Factory Data Reset (FDR)..

0 Likes
CHRFEL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the cache wife and came up with the same results.   No equalizer..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want you to be able to use this feature, rush86. Let's look into this and get this fixed. Please clear the app cache/data for the equalizer. Settings>App>App manager>SoundAlive. Have you put the phone in Safe Mode to test the equalizer? If not, please put the phone in Safe Mode. Here's how https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRFEL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gone through my App settings App manager and there is no SoundAlive app listed.  I searched the play store and there is no app called SoundAlive.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no app for sound alive. If i did mention there was, i made a mistake. There is an app called adapt sound. But no way to clear the cache. This isn't  an app though to begin with. This is something thats in the settings, under sound and vibrations. Its part of the phones software and the update broke it.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW, I have a lot of music on my phone. I use the Pi Music Player. It has an equalizer that can be manipulated. There are equalizer apps in the PlayStore. Have you looked into any of this stuff? Very odd Samsung would remove functionality from their device, unless perhaps code licensing became a problem...

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I might try an app. After i eventually factory reset, and that doesnt work. Just sucks i can't use the phones own sound enhancers and equalizer. And i play music all the time. I can notice the difference right away. Now all the enhancers are off.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yep - you HAVE to back up your content and perform the FDR to see if that fixes the issue. If it does not, then Samsung would have messed up a good thing. I'm hoping for your sake, they did not.

After backing up pictures and music and things, just jot down your downloaded and necessary programs, gather your email and account info, other app credentials (login username and psw). Power down. remove an SD card if you have one. Perform the FDR. It won't be that painful.

First of the year is a good time to re-organize and clean house anyway.

0 Likes
CHRFEL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot perform a FDR due to security setting on my phone needed for work so I just downloaded DUB music player from the playstore and am using it for all my music.

I would prefer to use the built-in Samsung music player.

Looks like they messed up on this update.

0 Likes
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I did a factory reset. And it still doesn't work. So Samsung or Verizon disabled it. Or one of them did it by accident, caused by the new update.