s5 won't send/receive picture or groups messages?
DanielGee

My Galaxy s5 will not send or receive any kind of picture, video, or group message and has been acting up for over a week. The message that pops up when I try to send a picture message is "Service Not Activated on Network" which I do not understand because my service plan allows picture messages and my mobile data  is on... I have tried many things (restarting my phone, changing messaging platforms, turning on/off wifi, taking out the battery and sim card) but nothing at all has worked. I look forward to some sort of assistance because my 2 month old phone should not being acting so poorly!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: s5 won't send/receive picture or groups messages?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try calling Customer Service from a different phone and have them check the provisioning on your text feature.

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Try pulling the Sim Card.!  see if that resolves the issue power off the s5 carefully remove the sim try and not touch the gold are of it as it is very sensitive to touch leave the card out for 10min. then reinstall and if your phone is set to Global try LTE / CDMA and use the Network to send your messages

Hope this Helps b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try calling Customer Service from a different phone and have them check the provisioning on your text feature.