Re: s5 won't send photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's try a quick reset on the phone. Please go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Also, please double check that MMS Messaging is not being disabled (Settiings>Messages>MMS Messaging). Let's us know the results of your testing please. When testing, please have her start a new MMS message, not trying to resend a failed one. We look forward to hearing from you!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really?  Turn off WiFi anytime I want to send a photo?  Ridiculous!!!  Not how using a smartphone is intended.  This is akin to turning off your car radio if you want to use the windshield wipers.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To answer it's up the user how to set up there phone to get the best out of it, I use Wi-Fi heavily my-self  but when I send picture messages I shut the Wi-Fi  completely off I have a Wi-Fi on / off switch on the main panel of my phones so it a no brain-er to tap it off or on, just like shutting off the radio to turn on the wipers but sometime the wipers make so much noise it better to leave it on and turned up so as not hear them b

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Neither of those settings options are available on the S5 under settings.  Not sure where else to look

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

To each his/her own, I guess

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yooo-up,   Have a Good Weekend

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Try textra app for mms

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jrmathis,

That's odd, the steps provided and settings advised of are part of the operating system, they both should be on your iPhone. Has the software been altered in any way? Are you able to take it to a store, please do so, so they can take a look at the phone.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
travellover
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know I'm a bit late in the game to answer this but I also ran into a problem very similar to this. I would try to send out picture messages but for some reason I always got a message saying that it failed to send. However, I might have solved this issue. Whenever I picked the picture I wanted to send, I was given the 2 options as to which picture app I wanted to use: the 'Photo' app (which has 4-pronged windmill on it) and the regular 'Gallery' app - both of these apps were already preloaded onto my S5. I noticed that whenever I chose the Photo app, the picture message failed to send and when I chose the regular Gallery app the picture was sent successfully. I don't know the reason why the 'Photo' apps pictures won't send, though.  I don't know if this situation accurately depicts your situation but I deemed it similar enough (from what I read) that I wanted to input my own 2-cents.

0 Likes